help?

Nic's pov: 

    She lied. It wasn't 10 minutes, it had been well over 20 before the police had arrived. I counted every second of every minute, she. fucking. lied. D might be dead and it's all her fault, damn her. The red, white, and blue lights pained my eyes, and the sirens stung my ears. But hell am I glad they're here. I'm just thankful that the bastard of a father D's had to deal with for the past 14 years is finally gonna rot where he belongs. 

    When they walked D out of her house I couldn't believe it was her at first.. the cuts, busted lip, bruises, and matted hair made her look like a completely different person. It was honestly horrifying. Her dad didn't resist though, what a fucking bastard, so big and bad until it's finally someone his size. I'll never forget the glare he gave us as he was walked to the patrol car, there was no remorse behind those eyes, just evil. 

   Me and Faith rushed over to D, all we could do was hug her. I was so glad she wasn't dead.

D's pov:

   I had been lying in the bathroom for what had felt like years before the cops came. My dad had told me to take a shower to, "wash the filth off myself. " But I was so weak and sore that I probably wouldn't even have been able to get a sock off if I wanted to. I hated that Faith and Nicole had to see me in this state, it was so embarrassing. I was bloodied up.. I felt weak, miniscule, ...inferior. Although they hugged me I felt nothing. Nothing but pain. They kept asking me what happened and I tried to tell them but nothing came out, just tears.. One tear turned into two, and many followed afterward.

   When I did muster up the will to speak I asked, ".... Where's my dad? " They both became quiet, which was inopportune for me, but I guess I get why Faith and Nicole wouldn't wanna speak about it. But the critical care nurse told me he wasn't anywhere near me, and that it would stay like that for a long time. I really hoped she was right. So now here I sat, in the back of an ER, just in shock...