Chapter I: Cold as ice

Evelyn was heading to the throne room, where the whole royal family was waiting for her.

Her long blue dress was dragging behind her while she was walking confidently the big aisles.

"Oracle said you wanted to see me", the young princess said as soon as she took her seat.

"Yes, your father has an announcement for you" the Queen prologued.

"Does it concern me as well? If it is only Evelyn's matter, don't waste my time!" the Prince said bored.

"What is the matter, Alexander? Evelyn's life concerns and has consequences to the lives of all of us" the Queen wanted to calm down her beloved son.

"Evelyn... As you already know, next week is the kingdom's founding anniversary." the King went on.

"Please, do not tell me it's about what happened to the ball last year... I said I would not repeat the same mistake!" Evelyn became upset.

"No...This year, we will have some special guests..." King Jason said.

The siblings looked at each other full of curiosity.

"Queen Anne and her firstborn son, Prince Felix"

A long silence followed only to be broken by Alexander's voice: "And why should we care?"

"It is not just a guest" Queen Pandora answered.

"And what is he? " the Princess was trying not to explode as she had already suspected the purpose of that visit. "A possible future husband of mine?"

"Actually...the future husband of yours..." the King answered her wonders all at once.

Evelyn opened her mouth to say something, but nothing could come out. She couldn't find the words to describe neither her thoughts nor her feelings. Her ice-cold eyes were staring daggers at her father. She stood up and walked out of the room.

"Princess!" a housemaid saw her walking down the stairs, with flames spiking in her eyes.

She stayed silent and ran to her bedroom, shutting the door behind her. 

"Evelyn?" a hesitating scared voice said.

"Oracle?" The princess looked at her attendant surprised. "What are you doing here?" 

"I had orders to clean up your bedroom..." the girl answered trembling. "I think I should leave you alone..."

As soon as the girl left, the young Princess grabbed a pillow and threw it to the wall screaming.

Her brother, Alexander headed into his bedroom, as well, where Tierra, his secret love was waiting.

"Is that your sister screaming?" the pretty lady asked him.

"Who else would it be?" the prince said full of tiredness.

"What is it, again?" the blonde girl lowered her eyebrows.

"My father wants to marry her with Prince Felix..." Alexander unbuttoned his shirt

"And why is she behaving like that? Prince Felix is gorgeous!" 

"Gorgeous?" He leaned in and looked deep into Tierra's eyes.

"Not as much as you, though." she gave him a kiss and he kissed her back as well.

"But honestly...why is Evelyn reacting that way?" Tierra pulled back.

"Okay...I get it...You wanna talk..." the boy stood up and looked outside his window.