Chapter 4

The monthly crime syndicate meeting was nothing more than a headache, but a mandatory evil. He had to sit through it for hours while the two gang leaders of the west and south rambled about their activities till wee hours in the morning.

The floor was crowded before he sent all the gangsters on the lower floor where the party was held. They were too loud for his liking and it worried him because he might lose his cool if they stayed too long.

Kang was smoking his cigar as his life depended on it while Chang, the one who leads the southern gang stuck to his glass of whiskey. There were a few times when they mentioned his boyfriend, all the questions were quickly deflated by Namjoon or Yoongi.

The truth was that Jungkook wasn't ready to introduce them to Jimin yet. Hell, he for sure knew Jimin wasn't ready. As he sat there, he couldn't help but think back to his conversation with his father earlier before the meeting.

"Is this about Jimin?"

"Yes."

His father was the first person Jungkook spoke to when he decided to pursue Jimin. As much as strict as his dad was, he was also a good father to him. He always listened and guided him properly.

"Taehyung pretty much can't stop talking about this boyfriend of yours whenever he calls." He chuckled fondly. Something he rarely did before his retirement. "Your mom absolutely adores him."

"Dad..."

His dad laughed again. "What I'm trying to tell you is, that son, the position of the queen isn't just for anyone. It belongs to someone who owns your heart. It belongs to someone who will protect and cherish it."

Jungkook's heart clenched pleasantly. "I think I understand."

"Is he the one, son?"

"Yes." There was no hesitation when he answered. He glanced outside the window, at the beautiful view of the city and nightlights that reminded him of Jimin's beautiful smile. The way his eyes closed and his entire body fell sideways when something really amused him.

"You have my blessings," his father said. "Make us proud, son."

"Thanks, dad."

Jungkook took a deep breath, feeling relieved for the first time in days. He really hoped Jimin would be ready when the time came.

Jungkook was lost in his thoughts when he noticed a flash of pink in his peripheral vision. It could be his imagination but his gaze was drawn to pink and his breath was knocked out of his lungs seeing who it was.

Jimin was here, in his club, looking like sex on legs. His gaze slid down his body appreciatively before he realized where he was and why this shouldn't happen in the first place.

What the hell?

What is he doing here?

His gaze zeroed in on the three goons who stood too close to Jimin who looked unbothered, but the expression on his face was something Jungkook wasn't used to. Jimin looked like he was ready to throw hands.

Everything happened in slow motion when Taehyung approached Jimin, who in turn beamed before throwing his hands around his second-in-command. Taehyung's gaze briefly locked with his before he patted Jimin's back awkwardly. He was too stunned to even react.

Well, Jungkook couldn't blame him. First of all, he had no clue what Jimin was doing here. He had no idea how Jimin reached the top stairs, the most secured area of the club. This place was reserved only for the people of the underground and Jimin would have needed the exclusive platinum card to get in. He didn't remember giving any such thing to him.