-night shift (iii)

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞
———————————————————
the last chapter continued!¡

it was now 12 and Jaden was sitting in the same spot he was 4 nights ago. It's been about 3 days since him and Chase ya know..

Jaden just completely gave up texting Chase, he didn't for the first two days but they were just simple "hellos" and "can you respond?", but he got nothing in response.

Jaden had came to work every night and hoped to see Chase,but only his other's friends showed up.

They'd give Jaden and odd look and a little chuckle. Jaden kept getting pissed at them and left during the middle of his shift last night.

"okay Jaden no leaving this time, if you get pissed step outside" His manager said and then left.

Jaden sighed, it was only 12 and he had about 4 more hours of his shift.

time skip!¡

it was now 3:50am and Jaden was ready to close down the place and head home. Chase still didn't show up. He shit down the equipment and went to take his hat and tag off when the door opened.

"hey i'm closing up right now it's best if you leave" He said without looking up.

"can we talk?" The person asked;he sounded familiar. Jaden looked up and saw Chase with a hood over his head and black eye.

Jaden didn't know what happened,but he shook his head and closed the rest of the stuff down and sat at booth with Chase.

"so why did you completely ghost me?" Jaden asked.

"i- i didn't want to i promise! it's just i-" he said and cut himself off.

"you what?" Jaden asked.

"i- my dad found out, i don't know how but he did. He's very homophobic and when he found my phone and saw what you had texted he came up to my room a beat me, he also grounded me;so that's why i haven't been around here for the past few days. Trust me i wanted to text and call you,but he had my phone, i wanted to leave but he watched me 24/7" Chase said and grabbed Jadens hands.

Chase had a few tears run down his face and Jaden looked at him with empathy. Jaden has been in Chases place before.

His mom used to be homophobic,but she soon realized that her son was made the way he is and no one or nothing could change that.

Sure it did take some time for her to get used to it,but she eventually came around and now is just happy her son is happy. It sounds cliché but it's true.

some times people come around, and sometimes others don't.

"I understand i was once like that wit my mom. Except she didn't hit me,but she didn't like the fact that i was always with guys and never seen with a girl. So one day she asked me if i was gay, and when i broke down in front of her after saying yes. She said i needed help. I refused for months,and one day she finally came around. So i totally get where your coming from" Jaden smiled and kissed Chases hand.

"okay so where does that leave us?" Chase asked.

"that's- uhm i don't know" Jaden said, "we could take it slow and then ease into it. We can obviously hang out away from your dad and then we could go on small road trips so we can ya know" Jaden said.

"yeah i'd like that. I told him i was staying at a friends tonight so can we head back to your place?" Chase asked.

"uh yeah let's go" Jaden smiled and got up. He made sure everything was final and he left with Chase.

They got in the car and Jaden drove back home. He did have one question though.

"hey Chase" Jaden said and looked over at Chase who was cuddled in the seat.

"mhm yeah" Chase whispered.

"why did your friends come in and look at me?" He asked.

"oh because i asked them to come see what you were doing. This isn't the first time i had been grounded so they knew how to contact me" he said and shifted around.

Jaden nodded and drove the rest of the way home. He got back to his house and Chase was passed out. Jaden picked him up and brought him inside laying him down on his bed.

Jaden went to change and then he back and Chase was cuddled under the blankets.

Jaden smiled and got into his bed. He felt Chase wrap his arms around his waist and rubbed his nose into his side.

"night bub" Jaden whispered and fell asleep too.