Chapter 20

Rose's POV:

I woke up from my dreamless sleep in the most comfortable bed I have ever felt. The smell made me just want to curl back up and never get up again, but I knew that was not an option. I was laying in a unknown bedroom. When I sat up I took a look around. It was a large and open space. Big windows, a flat screen TV, and lavish furniture. It almost felt as if I was ruining the ambience by being here. For as large and extravagant as it is it also has a homey feel. Lime nothing could ever go wrong here. As my eyes scanned the room I saw him. Peacefully sleeping on the couch across the room. I remembered what happened right before I fell asleep. He helped calm me...

I sat there thinking on what I should do next. Surely when he wakes up he will want answers for what happened. I just don't know if I'm ready to give those answers. I have been here for a while now and still have only said one thing. Since I came here they have been nothing but kind. But I also don't want to let all my walls down only to be stabbed in the back.

"It's alright Rose." Ila cooed. "I know how much you have been through. I have been there with you through it all. I know it's hard to trust others, and believe me we don't have to let ALL our walls down now. But these people are good. And mate won't hurt us. He loves us. So just trust him. Trust me."
She exclaimed.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Ok."

"You're awake!"

Ryder seemed to have woken up. I look up and made eye contact with the beautiful man who is supposed to be my new mate. When our eyes meet he gives me the most dazzling smile I have ever seen. Just seeing him smile makes my heart do somersaults.

"Hello" I say softly.

His smile is instantly replaced with a look of shock. The shock is short lived though. As soon as it came it was gone, replaced instantly back with his smile. It was so genuine too.

"Hello!" He said back as if he was about to cry of happiness.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, feeling tears prick my eyes.

"Oh no! Love, what on earth could you be sorry for? You haven't done anything wrong!" He tells me rushing over to the bed to sit next to me.

I held my head in my hands while tears fell from my eyes. That's why I flinched when he took me into his arms. I didn't realize how fast he had gotten to me.

"Please don't cry my little mate. It hurts my heart to see you sad or in pain. I never want to to feel this way when you are with me." He held me tight in his arms as if protecting me from the outside world that has hurt me so much, but of course he doesn't know that.... but maybe he should.

The smell, the tingle I feel when he touches me, you only ever experience these things when you find your mate. So there is no doubt about it. As confusing as it is this man is my second chance mate.
He deserves to know what has happened to me. Maybe not everything. At least not now, but some of my past he deserves to know about.

"Silver Stone." I say softly after my tears stop.

"What?"

"I'm from Silver Stone Pack. That's where I was born and raised. I used to have wonderful parents. A mother and father that loved me, but that all changed when my mother died."

"You don't have to..."

"No. I want to." I interrupt, looking into his big beautiful eyes.

"After my mother passed away my father was devastated. He had lost his mate. The most important person in the world to him was gone. And he had to look at a constant reminder every time he looked at me. At first it wasn't too bad. He had began drinking and he would yell at me for no reason. He said that he blamed me for her death even though we both knew that wasn't true he believed it. And I guess after hearing it so many time at such a young age I started believe oh it too. A year later my father met a woman. Two months later they were married. Her mate had rejected her so she became my step mother. That's when it really started."

As I spoke i kept my eyes glued to the ground, but every once and a while I would allow myself to glance up at him to find any indication that I should stop talking. But I found none. His full attention was on me, listening intently to what I had to say. Usually I hated to have so much attention on me, and his eyes were boring into my head. But I surprisingly didn't mind it. It almost felt comforting to know he was with me while I talked though this.

"They would hit me for any reason they could come up with. If they were on a good mood, a bad mood, It didn't matter, I was going to be beaten anyway. And you would think that because I would go to school every day with a black eye and broken ribs someone would notice and alert the alpha of the abuse. But no. They were no better. The other kids bullied me mercilessly and the teachers ignored it. I tried one to go to the alpha and get help from him and the Luna, but he too just simply ignored it. The Luna was too oblivious to her own abuse that she would never see mine." My chest tightened at the memories of the life I once lived. This is so much harder than I thought it would be.

To be continued...

Please Vote/Comment!!!

Much love
~ Fay the Day✨💜