Chapter One- Kathryn's POV

Someone screams so loudly, it's enough to blast one's eardrums.

At the back of my mind I have a vague idea that maybe it is me screaming. I can only hear white noise after that.

There's a dead man in front of me. I haven't seen a sight more terrifying. It's mutilated and lying on the ground, face unrecognizable.

Stuffing my hand in my mouth, I step back, feeling repulsed at the sight of so much blood. He must have been a handsome man, but his features are twisted now.

Blindly sidestepping, I fall into something cold and solid. Arms.

Looking back, I see a man, his face extremely pale.

I jerk away thinking that I'm hallucinating.

What in hell is going on?

This day is crazy. After a simple walk with Tara Desai, my best friend, I see a dead body in the park and then the hot guy Brandon from Fog It Up? Huh?

He looks pained as he pulls me away from the area, murmuring something under his breath that I can't quite catch.

I rip my hand away from him. "What the fuck? Why are you not disturbed by that? And what are you doing here?"

"Shh, Kathryn. I will answer all your questions later. Come with me."

How does he have answers? Why is he not confused?

"No." I shout. My head starts pounding. "I don't know you. Stop. Just tell me what's going on. If you really do know anything."

With immense gentleness, he opens my closed palms. "You're bleeding. Let's get you cleaned up." His voice is soothing, rich and I relax minutely, nodding. He leads me away from the mutilated body. I don't know why I'm not doubting more, but my brain feels heavy and my skin tingles- both at the proximity of him and the whole scene I just witnessed. 

Why am I walking to a stranger's house? What am I doing? But I can't seem to stop, my thoughts get muddled as we get closer to a bunch of buildings. 

We finally reach a house, which has red bricks and brown roofs. The typical houses you see in Disney.

I raise an eyebrow at Brandon and he shrugs. "It's my house."

Shaking my head, we walk ahead. He jiggles the keys a little. I am starting to lose my patience when finally the door opens.

"After you," he bows mockingly. I lift my imaginary skirts and smile. More like a grimace.

I enter and look around, expecting guns to be pointed at me, or perhaps some kind of torture devices. Instead, it's just a plain living room, with framed photos, white walls and ceilings, a very dusty fan and brown couches.

"It's not much, but it's something." He runs his hand at the back of his head, probably feeling embarrassed.

Not knowing what to reply, I just say the first thing that comes to mind. "Can I use the bathroom?"

"Mhm, go left and the second door is the bathroom."

"Thanks." I murmur and rush towards it, feeling very awkward.

I check my reflection in the mirror, my face white as bone, a scared look in my eyes. I splash water on my face and comb out the tangles in my hair, looking better than before. A part of my mind knows going to a stranger's house is a "shoot me- here's a gun" kind of move, but it's like the rest of me is...paralyzed? I don't even know. God, I need answers and he probably is the best person to get them from. One suspicious move from Brandon and I will haul my ass outta here. And then again- when have I ever made rational decisions?