No Whore Part 1

You woke with a start from your deep sleep. Was someone in your flat? You were sure you had heard movement. Looking around quickly, you watched the rain tap against the window. Feeling your heartbeat slow, you wrapped the sheet around you, shivering against the cold.

Glancing at the clock, it read 2.15am, sighing you laid back and nestled into the pillow.You could faintly smell tobacco and 'his' favourite cologne. Tears pricked your eyes as you thought back to the nights events. You couldn't describe what you and Tommy were. Friends...Lovers...a mere comfort to each other??

For months now, you had been 'fucking' as he would call it. Was that all it was? Pure and simple, just a release for you both. But, he would seek you out, turn up at your work, take you for dinners. Then nothing for weeks. He would close off, shut himself down. Withdraw away from you, whatever 'you' were to him. Where you going to wait around for him? You thought you were a strong woman, how had you become so weak? You missed him when you didn't see him, missed the feel of his touch on your skin, his arms around you holding you close.

This had all led up until tonight. Your work friends had convinced you to go to The Garrison for drinks. You knew he could be there, would he even want to see you? "Come on y/n," Your friend Emma had tried to convince you. "Your boyfriend might be there, Mr Blue Eyes," she said and they all started laughing. "We are not even together," you insisted. Were you convincing them or yourself?              "Well, if you aren't with him, I wouldn't mind keeping his bed warm," replied Sophie. "Oh to be with a Shelby!" She swooned. "My god, I will come, one drink that's it, no drama or talk like that, promise?" you said. "Promise," they replied.

The pub was busy when you got there, no sign of Tommy. You breathed a sigh of relief. You ordered drinks and got a table, all chatting happily amongst each other. You could feel yourself relax. A large hand landed on your shoulder, making you jump. "Alright sweetheart?" You looked up to see John and Arthur standing there grinning. "Oh, Hi boys," you replied. "Tom never said his beautiful girl and her friends were coming in," You looked to your friends, you could see Sophie making eyes at Arthur, who winked at her. "Well, did you ask her?", you quipped back, "Whoever she is?".                    They both burst out laughing at that. "Come on y/n, we've seen how he looks at you," said John. "Right, ladies!" Arthur shouted, clapping his hands.

"Drinks on me,". They returned from the bar with a tray of drinks, and sat at the table with you. "Right ! Line 'em up John Boy," shouted Arthur. "Think these Ladies can keep up with us Arthur?" he said. "3,2,1," you replied and downed your drink. "She'll make a Shelby after all," said Arthur laughing. You felt the liquid burn in your throat, this was what you needed. A night to have some fun. "Tommy will bloody have our balls, if we get you drunk," John said. "He should be here soon, bit of business going on," he tapped the side of his nose. You never had a clue what they were up to.

A few more drinks passed and you excused yourself to go to the toilet. You passed the snug and could see the door slightly open. There was Tommy, with the fucking barmaid sat practically on his knee, all over him. You heard yourself gasp, he looked towards the door and caught your eye. You turned and stormed out of the pub.......