27.

/Goodwill Event D-Day/

We are all standing near the stairs waiting for the event to start when the Kyoto students suddenly appeared.

I was surprised to see a familiar face.

"Noritoshi Onii-San?" I said.

"It's been a while, Y/N-chan. You're not replying to my messages!" He greeted back.

"Well, that's because you didn't greet me on my 17th birthday," I murmured.

"You know him?" Toge-senpai whispered to me.

I nodded and said, "We used to play together when we are kids."

We were talking together when the girl from Kyoto with short hair suddenly spoke.

"Oh, look. It's everyone from Tokyo together. Did you go out of your way to greet us? Disgusting." She said, trying to mock us.

If I am not mistaken, this is Maki-senpai's sister, Zenin Mai. She fits the description that Nobara told me a few days ago.

"Okkotsu is not here. But I'm glad to meet you, Y/N finally! I'm a big fan!" The boy who has a scar on his face said while facing me.

This is Todo Aoi, the one who beat Megumi when I was not around.

I smiled at him awkwardly before going closer to Toge-senpai since I'm feeling uncomfortable. He immediately put his arm around my waist to make me feel secured.

"Shut up! Hurry up and hand over the cake box and the yatsuhashi, kudzu noodles, and buckwheat cookies." Nobara said, which made me chuckle a little bit because she's so carefree.

"Who's that first year? She's scary." The blonde girl with broom said.

"Nevermind Okkotsu being absent. Isn't having three first-years a major handicap?" The robot said.

"Age is irrelevant to jujutsu sorcerers, especially with Fushiguro-kun and Y/N-chan. Fushiguro-kun is from the Zenin bloodline, but he's more talented than the head of the clan. Y/N-chan was raised and trained by the strongest sorcerer since she was five, so you better not underestimate her." Noritoshi Onii-San said.

"Now, now. Please calm down." The blue-haired girl said. She's so cute.

We heard someone clapping from the stairs.

"Okay. Let's not fight amongst ourselves. My goodness, these children. So where's that idiot?" Utahime-san said.

Ah, she must be pertaining to my dad!

After few seconds, we saw Dad running towards all of us while pushing a cart. What is he up to?

"Sorry for the wait! I was on a business trip overseas. So I will now hand out souvenirs." Dad said.

He gave everyone except Utahime-san from Kyoto a 'protective charm.'

"And for everyone in Tokyo, we have this!" He said excitedly while holding the cart.

"Overly excited adults are creepy," Nobara commented, and I agreed with her.

The cart suddenly opened and what happened next made me lose my composure.

Yuji came out from the box!

Wait? Am I dreaming? My tears started to fall from my eyes, and I am shaking uncontrollably. If Toge-senpai isn't holding my waist, I'm sure I'll fall to the ground.

I saw Nobara and Megumi walk toward the cart. Nobara kicked it, making Yuji jump out of shock.

"I'm sorry for keeping quiet above being alive," Yuji said softly.

I put both my hands in my face since I can't stop crying. Toge-senpai hugged me while trying to whisper some comforting words.

*

/At the waiting room/

I have already calmed down. Yuji was kneeling while holding a picture frame for the dead in front of his face.

"Depending on how you look at it, this can be considered very extreme bullying," Yuji said.

"Shut up and stay that way for a while," Nobara said.

"You heard his explanation. Cut him some slack." Panda-senpai said.

Yuji looked at our side. Panda-senpai is sitting beside Toge-senpai, who is currently hugging me from my back.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I heard from Gojo-sensei what happened to you." Yuji said.

I smiled at him and said, "Hm, it's okay. I'm glad you're alive."

"When did you and Inumaki-senpai get so close? Are you guys dating each other?" Yuji asked.

I didn't know how to answer his question. Thankfully, Maki-senpai spoke.

"Since Yuji is back, we need to change our strategy."

We spent the remaining hours talking and revising our strategy. We all agreed that Yuji would handle Todo-san all by himself.

I sighed. I hope he will be okay.

---

Note:

Happy 1K reads!! 💖

(I forgot to add this illustration last chapter, but here you go!)