Chapter 2 - Alligators

Dedicated to my friend 'Andy' with whom I had this conversation with.

What was supposed to be a simple conversation between friends turned into a wild ride.
"I'm just saying," Seth said confidently. "I bet if you went to Florida you'd see alligators weaving in and out of traffic on the roads like mini cars!"
"What the hell dude!" Warren exclaimed. "Sounds like if you were being chased by an alligator you'd just have to climb a tree."
Seth's reply was simply "what if these alligators could climb trees, using their tails like tigger as springs?"
Warren threw his hands up in exasperation. "In that case I'd get on a plane and go to northern Canada to get away."
Seth stood up and pointed his finger at Warren. "But in this case, the alligators have their own secret society just like ours but alligators!" At this point Kendra had wandered in and upon hearing Seth's last point, turned on her heel and walked back out muttering "just don't ask Kendra, don't question the boys and their stupidity"
Unaware of Kendra's momentary intrusion the boys continued bickering.
Standing up to point his finger back at Seth, Warren replied "Fine seeing as these alligators follow me everywhere I'm going to space."
"Ah, but," Seth said with a twinkle in his eyes. "These alligators have a NASA just like we do so this alligator is following you to space!"
Shaking his head Warren told the kid "fine. At this point let it eat me or kill me! This is a determined alligator and I give up. It's followed me to space so I give up."
"Ha!"  Seth crowed. "So you admit that in the future we may have to bow to our gator overlords?"
"What?! No!" Warren replied. "I'm just saying that this alligator is determined and if I can't escape it in space than I can't do anything."

A/N: thanks for reading guys and for the positive feedback! It's very much appreciated ☺️❤️