Part 1

I have known him my entire life, perfection in its simplest form. I have watched him grow from a charismatic child into the dauntless, valiant and stalwart man he is today. He lives right across the street from me but he has never seen me, even when standing right in front of him.

We travel in different circles. He embodies everything that every man wants to be and every girl wants to be seen with. He is the top of the popularity chain. He excels in all sports. He excels in his academics. He even excels in extra-curricular activities.

I, on the other hand, am classified as a loner and not by choice. No one has ever approached me and found interest in wanting to be my friend. I keep to myself because it is safer that way for me. I am different than the status quo and throughout history we all know that is bad.

I do excel in all of my classes but the one subject that put me far above the rest is Art. I hope to one day become a very well recognized and loved artist. I don't feel that I am tooting my own horn when I say drawing, painting is my gift.

It's funny, any work I submit to my teacher she posts throughout the school like the walls are her own personal gallery. I don't mind as the only thing I asked was that she not acknowledge my identity as the artist. I did not want to take the chance that someone destroy my work simply because they did not like me as a person. But my classmates worship the Anonymous Artist or the AA as they have tenderly dubbed me. If they only knew!

I don't even know how it began. I have spent fourteen years learning with these same people and from the start of all of our school careers I have been treated like a leper. Some have been rougher than others getting a bit too physical but with so much negativity surrounding bullying, it's more mental than physical now days.

For the most part I am ignored and I like it just fine. It's one of the biggest reasons behind my being able to have fine tuned my skill. During all of that time alone, I pour every part of my soul into my artwork and it seems to speak to everyone. Most of all it seems to speak to him.

He is one of my biggest champions. Every time a new piece goes up, the entire school holds court waiting to find out the kings opinion.

Lately, I have spent the last couple of weeks concentrating on one large piece, a portrait of Pasha in motion. I know every inch of the outer surface of his body as I have spent equal amounts of time worshipping him as much as drawing him from memory.

I love him so much and it does pain me deeply when he ignores me. He is the only one though. I have only ever felt this way for him. I don't even know how to classify my sexuality since I have no experience with the physical aspects of it. The only people to see me and possibly interact physically with me are my mother and my art teacher. I don't really come too close to anyone so physical contact is almost non-existent.

Now that we are all approaching the end of are final year in high school, some of us have either turned eighteen or are close to approaching it. I happen to share my birthday with Pasha and I have decided to unveil this piece as his birthday gift. With their being only two months of school left before we graduate, I wanted to make this the last piece to grace the halls of my hell.

Once I complete this piece, I have to concentrate on getting my intro piece done before I start in the fall with THE SCHOOL OF THE MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS in Boston. Prestigious indeed and I am very proud of my accomplishment. In two weeks, we shall both become adults and once I embark on my new adventure. I hope I will be able to finally live my life out of the shadows of the invisible.