Part 4

I can hear the buzz throughout the school.  Everyone is captivated by my latest creation.  People are even telling Pasha that AA must have a secret crush on him.  How close they are to the truth.  The greatest gift I received today was his sincere reaction upon first gaze.  I felt so important to him in that one small moment.  Then as all moments do, they end quickly.

You know what my deepest and most cherished wish is, for him to kiss me.  Can you imagine?  I do all of the time but the purpose of this last canvas was to attempt to purge myself of all things Pasha and finally put all of myself into my artwork for college.

All of these things are running through my mind as pandemonium and chaos erupt around me and now instead of being the ignored, I am the one doing the ignoring.  I just keep walking to the cafeteria since its lunch time when I slam right into a wall.

I hit the floor pretty hard and my poor bum is stinging.  The couple of books I was carrying scatter around me.  I look up and I lose the ability to breath.  Standing right in front of me is Pasha and he looks horrified.  I begin to stutter out, “I I’m so ssorry!”  I hurry to stand and leave everything and take off as quickly as my feet will take me.

I don’t really notice my surroundings until I finally stop.  As always I am in my sanctuary, the art room.  I am all alone and struggle to catch my breath.  Damn, I left my books and I’m starving but there is no way in hell I can go eat my lunch now.  This was so not the way I wanted to spend my birthday, hiding from Pasha.

After I finally calm down I realize the gravity of my situation and all I want to do is cry.  I sit in a chair randomly scattered in the room and just put my head in my hands.  I begin to feel the tears gather in my eyes and soon know they will be trailing down my face.  My heart weighs heavy with the bleakness of my situation.

Suddenly, I feel a hand caress the side of my face and as terrified as I was upon feeling the hand on me, my nerves calm just as quickly from the rubbing of the fingertips and the sound of the voice trying to soothe me.  “Kenzie, did I hurt you?  Are you alright?  What’s wrong?  Please tell me what’s wrong.”  I am in shock.  I suddenly become brave and look up right into the face of my one true love, my dream, my Pasha.

I close my eyes momentarily and the dam of tears burst down my cheeks.  Suddenly I find myself straddling him on the floor and he has my face in both of his hands as he uses the pads of his thumbs to attempt to wipe away my tears.

I can’t speak.  Surely this can’t be real.  Maybe I hit the wall with my head and I am knocked out and this is my dream.  “Shhh…don’t cry.  I’m here.  I’m so sorry if I hurt you.  I have been waiting to get you alone all day.”  I look into his eyes in confusion.  He stares right back into mine and before I can even react all I hear is Beautiful from him before he kisses me so tenderly that my heart explodes from happiness.

It’s not one of those sexually erotic kisses that leave you drowning in another person’s spit but the kiss of a person who is not very experienced in the act but shows you with that one kiss how you are cherished, treasured and loved.  I follow his lead and before long we stop but our foreheads are still connected. 

“Do you know how long I have waited to do that?  How I have yearned to hold you in my arms, ached to touch intimately and pined away for your affections.”  He breathlessly says to me and I am speechless.  This must be a joke because there is no way that Pasha wants me the way I want him.

“Yes baby, I do with every fiber of my being and do you know what finally led me to believe you reciprocated my feelings?”  I ask in a soft whisper, “What Pasha?”  “Your painting.  What you depicted in that portrait, only you could have witnessed.  You have been spying on me haven’t you!”  He states and I hide my face in his chest as my face reddens in embarrassment.

“Don’t be like that baby.  I am so honored to be your muse.  Kenzie,  I love you.”  I look back up into his face to see the truth of his words reflected in his eyes and for the first time in my life, I am not ignored.  I am not invisible.  I, Kenzie, am his.  With courage I didn’t know I possessed, I place my lips to his and put everything that goes into my paintings into that one kiss. 

 I am pretty sure I just took his breath away!