Woo Do Hwan

I walked through the library in search of a perfect book. These days I wanted to read a thriller, suspense novel as I wasn't fond of rom-coms anymore. It's better to stay away from those things especially when they give you false hope... Hope that motivates you to build a perfect sandcastle that crumbles as soon as the waves of reality hit it.

I stopped in front of the enormous rack of books and started to read out their names one by one. Honestly, for me, the name and the cover of the book matters a lot! If these two things are satisfactory, then I'd read the synopsis and proceed further.

I extended my arm towards one of the books set in the upper portion of the rack. As I tiptoed to get a hold of that book, I noticed another arm parallel to mine, reaching out for the same book as me. Turning my head to the side, I was surprised to see this person. I have been a while since I've last seen him.

He was wearing a mask and a cap for disguise. Although, I could only see his eyes they were enough for me as I immediately recognized those vapid eyes. "Hwan?"

-

Flashback

*A year ago*

"Thank you." I slightly bowed as I took the coffee from the counter. I walked out of the cafe straight to Hwan's shooting location. He has been filming for his drama serial these days. It's the first time he was playing the main lead in a drama.

I couldn't talk to him the entire week because of his workload and I haven't even seen him. As far as I remember, relationships aren't supposed to work like that... Are they? I mean, as his girlfriend, I should be in "contact" with him.

Finally, now that he has taken out some time for me, here I am, holding his favourite coffee in my hand and obviously a cake to congratulate him, walking towards his shooting location.

I know I should be pissed off over his behaviour but honestly, I'm not. I've suppressed those feeling because I support his work. I understand his situation and I know I'll be the first person he calls as soon as he gets the time.

I reached the shooting location which was a beautiful park with cherry blossoms almost everywhere. Slight winds were blowing and I couldn't keep myself from imagining Hwan and I together in his drama and smile foolishly. Pushing my thoughts to the side I advanced towards him as I caught him standing in the corner with the hairstylist fixing his hair that was disrupted due to the slight breeze.

I waved at him and he immediately stopped the stylist and walked towards me. "Chukaeyo" I congratulated him with a big smile, hugging him tightly. I missed him so much that I didn't even want to let go. However, it took him a while to delicately place his one hand on my back. He hadn't hugged me back this entire time? When I pulled back, I noticed how his face was lacking emotions, the happiness he'd always radiate to see me. Wasn't he happy to see me?

I handed him the cake which he placed on the side with a slight smile. Something wasn't right. I leaned in to kiss him but that's the point where my suspicions were confirmed because he immediately grabbed the coffee from my hand "For me?" Causing me to jerk.

"Come on, let's go for a walk. I have some time till we continue with the shooting." He said walking ahead. What's up with him today? I thought he liked to kiss me.

I walked beside him as we went for a stroll in this beautiful weather... "So... What's wrong?" I asked because I knew he wasn't behaving as usual. I hope the drama shooting is going well. "Is it that obvious?" He stopped to look at me. I nodded and started to laugh. "Aigoo... You know you can't hide anything. The stress is written all over your face!" I resumed to walk " ...khaja," I said to hwan who still seemed to be drowned in his thoughts. "No, stop. We need to talk." He said pulling out of trance.