Blackjack

Disclaimer I do not own any characters. 

Just so you know this is after Percy and Annabeth get out of Tartarus. 

I got inspiration from a book on Fanfiction.net. 

Enjoy!

                                                                             Jason POV

The Seven where eating on the Argo II when we heard hooves. 

We have not been attacked in 24 hours, I think that's a record. Annabeth and Percy are still recovering from there side trip. They are a little skinny, bruised, and more scars, so they are almost okay physically. Mentally is a different story, jumping at every sound, rarely laugh or smile, and the look in their eyes, like a warriors eyes. 

Jason was almost finished with his plate of  chicken when he heard hooves like  noises from the  deck.

The seven of us exchanged weary glances across. We have been anticipating a  monster attacks for a while now,  as we are sailing across the ocean and through the sky with seven demigods, three of which  are children of the Big Three. Percy stood up and Annabeth following suit but where pulled down by their friends. Jason didn't think it was necessary to tire them out with something the others could handle. Hazel glanced worriedly across the table at Percy, whose eyes still had bags underneath them. He definitely had seen better days.

"You guys sty here, Piper and I will check it out." Jason nodded to his girlfriend. "We've our food anyways."

Percy was about to protest, but was stopped by Annabeth putting her hand on his shoulder and pushing him down slightly, urging him to take a seat. Although it wounded her pride to step away from a chance to prove herself, she knew that Jason and Piper would be able to manage whatever they needed to do.

"Alright, call us if you need any help." Percy said.

"Yeah, we will. I'm sure it's nothing." Piper reassured the rest of them and patted Leo's head, as it was on fire, on the way out. 

Jason picked up his gladius and then led the way down the corridor and up the stairs. They were about to emerge onto the deck when he heard a winy, almost like a horse. 

Instinctively, Jason help his gladius  in a defensive position and heard Piper sheath her Katopotris. He slammed the door open and prepared to attack — a Pegasus?

The black stallion's head whipped towards them and as soon as Jason saw it's face, he knew that he had met him before, but just couldn't place where. With everything that had happened in the last year, less significant faces and memories sometimes slipped his mind due to how fast everything constantly spiraled out of control. 

His mane was long and  tangled, with a jet black coat and equally dark eyes. He seemed to be  strong and although stood in a proud stance, something about him told Jason that he had a lot more character than that.

Piper began to gush over him. "Oh,  he gorgeous! I wonder what he's doing here. Is he lost or something? Does he need any food?"

The Pegasus neighed and shook his head. Jason began to inch towards him, a steady hand placed in front of him to show him that he meant no harm. "Hey, calm down boy. What's wrong?" The Pegasus just moved away and began to make even more noise with his hooves constantly clacking against the wooden floorboards. Jason didn't really know what to do; Camp Jupiter never really had that many horses of any kind, and he had only ridden one a couple of times. At Camp Half-Blood, they had stables, sure, but he never really took the time to pay attention to them. Why use a Pegasus when he could fly on his own?