ina x CJ

As Ina walked out of her classroom, she was met with a squealing Kyla. A typical day.

"OKAY OKAY SO WILL LOOKED S-"

"Get away from me."

"SHHH LET ME TAL-"

"No." Kyla, frustrated, but also just wanted a reason to hurt her, pushed Ina as hard as she could. Ina's entire body was forced upon the side, landing flat on a person standing by. Embarrassed, Ina stammered while Kyla scattered away from the scene. 

"Sorry sorr-"

"Ina?" She looked up and was met with a boy that looked so familiar, but she couldn't pin who it was. 

"Yes?" She was confused. The boy blinked and laughed. 

"Do you not know who I am?" He asked. She took in his appearance. She KNEW she knew him from somewhere, his face and voice were so familiar. She studied his facial structure, they way his hair fell just above his large forehead. But nothing came to mind. She shook her head, feeling her face get red in embarrassment. 

"It's CJ." She gasped. 

"NO YOU'RE NOT." She couldn't believe it. He looked so different? It was. Weird. His face was a lot sharper, his voice a little deeper, everything was totally different from when she last saw him. He started to laugh.

"You done?" She realized she had been staring at him for minutes. She squinted her eyes and pushed him, whispering a tiny "Shut".

He laughed once more at her. They both began to walk together to wherever they were ending up. It didn't matter to CJ though because after all, they were walking together

"I like your hair by the way. Almost didn't recognize you." CJ said. "Like how you didn't recognize me."

"Are you not gonna let that go? It's been practically 5 minutes since I messed up and you're already.." She faltered out the rest of her words as CJ's laughter soon became contagious. 

"No I'm not going to let it go." He responded.

"Jerk."

"Hm." He smiled. "I'll stop if you make it up to me?" He said skeptically. 

"....What is it."

"Go on a date with me." She choked on air. Before she could respond, he continued. 
"After school, sit with me on the bus and come over to my house, or yours if that's easier." He said quickly. "So yes or no?" She stammered, making sounds as if she was going to say something but couldn't quite make the right words. But before she could even decide on what the hell to say, a loud bell interrupted all of her thoughts. 

"Oh crap." She said when she realized she wasn't even close to her room. CJ started jogging away but turned around, walking backwards.

"Hey Ina?"

"Yeah?" She said in a panicked tone.

"YOU SAID YES!" She realized how he had tricked her.

"NO I DID-" But he was gone before she could continue her argument. She groaned as she didn't know whether or not he was playing around. But part of her hoped he wasn't.

As soon as 8th period was over, Ina ran out of tech to find her awesome best friend, Kyla, again. She watched as Kyla walked out of the gym, laughing with Makayla and EJ. Ina grabbed onto her arm tightly, making her yelp.

"Wilhemina insert middle name Sabarre, let go of me right now before-"

"I GOT ASKED OUT ON A DATE." Ina said loud, but not loud enough for others to hear. Kyla's eyes grew wide and she began to squeal intensely.

"BY WHO BY WHO BY WHO IS IT A GIRL IS IT A BOY IS IT NONE OF THE ABOVE-"

"MAYBE if you would SHUT. UP. I'd tell you." Ina said looking around. Kyla rolled her eyes and nodded her head. Ina groaned. "..CJ." She said quietly. 

Kyla's eyes grew even wider, to a size Ina didn't believe was possible to obtain. Her mouth grew alongside with her mouth, a smile plastering onto her big face.

"CJ FUCKING CLAMSER ASKED YOU OUT?!?!?!?!??" Kyla screamed. Ina slapped her across the face and pulled her towards her class. She slowed down a little more so they could still talk.

"You are literally an embarrassment."

"Okay shut up, ANYWAYS." Kyla said hitting her head. "What are you going to say?"

"Well he didn't exactly give me a choice."

"HUH?"

"I'm not asking you what I should say back, I'm asking if I should go. Stupid."

"WUH WUH I DIDNT KNO- okay you know what. Shut up. Go, duh." Kyla said like it was the obvious.

"Should I actually? Ugh I don't know what to do."

"You GO, stupid. What else am I supposed to do, make a pros and cons list? Plus he's better looking this year."

"I'm telling Will."

"Well I'm telling UR MOM!" Kyla said before pushing Ina into her room. "Goodbyeee have fun at your date!" The girl said before racing down to her class. Ina rolled her eyes. Guess it's about time to have her first date.

Pacing down the hallways, Ina subconsciously fixed her hair as she turned the corner. She stepped out of the school doors and onto her bus.

"Ina!" She heard as soon as her head was visible from over the seats. CJ was sitting in the middle of the bus with a big smile on his face. She sighed. Walking towards him, he gestured for her to sit down. She sat down on his right and he excitedly scooted a little closer. 

"Let's get off on my stop?" CJ asked Ina. She tilted her head to the side.

"Actually, my parents don't know so.. can you get off on mine?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure." He said smiling. As the bus began making their way to her neighborhood, they both surprisingly kept up their conversation well. The two caught up for their lost time, and Ina ended up enjoying his company a lot more than she thought. 

"Kyla and I didn't really like each other, but we got along a bit during 6th." She told.

"Didn't you guys used to eat leaves together?" He said sneaking in laughs between his words. She nodded proudly.

"How do you still remember that?" She said smiling. He shrugged.

"When you're interested in somebody you tend to remember the smallest things." He said. She gulped slightly as it seemed as if the bus went quiet and it was just the 2 of them. But her consciousness snapped back as she heard a random yelp. She couldn't bother figuring out who it was as when she looked out the window, they were at her stop.

"Let's go." She said grabbing his sleeve unconsciously. She pulled him off the bus, and as soon as they got off she let go of him. 

"Give me a second." He leaned down to tie his shoe. She nodded and looked away at her house. As she turned back, he was standing up with his hands in his pockets. She examined the features of his face, it was the first time she was really seeing him. His dimples pierced into the sides of his cheek alongside his perfect smile. His hair fell gently on his forehead, touching his round glasses in the slightest way. She watched as he took a step forward, inching closer, and got hit by the bus. 

CJ was crushed as the big, yellow bus collided into him, killing him in the process.

Ina never got her date.