Mind Over Matter

You are suddenly awoken by the shrill sound of an alarm blasting from each corner of your room. With a somewhat agitated sigh you roll over, eyes barely open to peer at the time on your phone - 6:30am.

No thanks.

The sleepy fog quickly clears as you remember where you are and what you're here for. Your long awaited appointment with Bucky is in an hours time, giving you a short while to recollect yourself, get ready, as well as make some brief notes on what to bring up with Bucky.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, uhhhh, boil the kettle? If you can? Is that something you can do?" you lazily beckon (and question) from your mountain of pillows and warm cocoon of duvet and blankets before she gives a quick, curt response.

Roughly two minutes pass before you slide out of bed as you hear the gentle hissing of the kettle. Softly, you plod towards the kitchenette on the other side of the room, reaching for a mug in the slightly-too-high cupboard. You pluck out the first mug that your fingers brush against - a large, white mug with black cheetahs and zebras dotted around its shape.
Rummaging through another cupboard you find a sealed box of teabags that give off a feeling that they've been sitting there for some time, an extremely thin layer of dust coating the top.

Perfect.

Twenty or so minutes pass, the tea long gone as you hum while raking a brush through your tangled hair. Another half an hour passes as you apply a light layer of makeup, nothing too extravagant needed for a day in the office. Because this a perfectly normal, completely ordinary place to fucking work.

You glance at the time on your phone as you slip your shoes on, picking up the pace when you realise you only have about five minutes to get to the other side of the compound.

-

Bucky is leaning in the doorway of the small office space you've been given, giving you a gentle smile when he notices you speed walking down the hallway towards him.

"I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting! I completely lost track of time, please don't tell me you've been here long!", you call out to him as you come to meet him where he stands.

"No need to worry yourself, y/n, I've only been here a few minutes-" he quickly cuts himself off, "you're on time though! Early, even."

"If 30 seconds before we're supposed to get started is early, then by all means, sure." you laugh as you push open the door.

You both attempt to make yourselves comfy on the seemingly never used arm chairs, their stiffness making it hard to settle in to.

"So, Bucky. I'm so beyond sorry for not meeting with you sooner, you've probably heard about my apparent - what would you call it, beef? - with some of the other people here. It seems like a pretty tense environment!" you jokingly utter to the man sat opposite you, earning a toothy smile from him.

"Yeah... it's a bit like that. Wanda finds a new person to be mad at every week, you're the lucky so-and-so this time around." He shuffles in his seat, unknowingly hinting at you to start the conversation that you're actually here to have.

You softly place your bag on the floor beside you before you begin the session.

-

Your government mandated hour flies by before an agent knocks on the door, letting the two of you know that your time is up.

You can't help but  feel a wave of power come to your mind, and all of a sudden you're inside of Bucky's brain with absolutely no control whatsoever.

God, those chairs were uncomfortable as fuck.

You briefly consider several alternative options before spouting out the one that you landed on.
"You know what we need for next time? Bean bags."