chapter 2

**(Cecilia's pov)**

I put the car in park and turned off the radio. "Hey, you should probably call your mom, just to let her know we're okay," Vanessa says.

"Yeah, you're probably right," I say reaching for my phone in my back left pocket, then reaching in my left. "Wait where's my phone?!" I shout looking frantically through my purse. "Van, it's not here... I lost it at the concert... Can I use your phone to call it, please?"

"Yeah of course," Vanessa says softly. I quickly reach for her phone dialing my number. Ring... ring... ri- A guy answers the phone.

"Hello?" Vanessa and I look at each other for a quick second and I managed to let out a stuttered "wh-whos this?"

The guy responds "Don't worry about my name. You dropped your phone at the concert and I figured I'd pick it up and wait for a call..." His voice... It sounds so familiar but from where?

"Can I meet you somewhere so I can get my phone back?"

The mysterious guy responds simply with "see here's the thing. I can't do that." There was a short pause

"Why?!" dial tone... He hung up!! My phone buzzes and it's a text from my phone. The text read: "Meet me at the central park tonight. 11:30. And come alone. No, I'm not gonna take out a knife and kill you or hurt you. I think you're a beautiful singer, by the way..." My jaw dropped.

I quickly typed back "okay, I'll be there. thank you so much... I really appreciate that." Vanessa grabbed the phone and read the text messages.

"WHO IS THIS GUY? THE FUCK? Cecilia, that's kinda creepy.. Maybe I should go with you...:"

"No, I'm not scared. I just want my phone back. And who knows, maybe he's cute!"

"Okay, fine. But call me right when you get in the car. "LET'S GET FOOOOOOD!" Vanessa shouted.

**(about an hour later after we're done eating, I take Vanessa home and drive to the central park.)**

I'm weirdly not scared or nervous at all... should I be scared? I pull up into a parking spot and I see a tall man wearing a black hoodie and pink pants. His hoodie was up over his head and he was wearing a mask and black sunglasses.

Oh god... Maybe I should be scared... I get out of my car and make my way towards the mysterious guy who has my phone. He sits down at the wooden bench that's directly behind him and takes off his sunglasses.

Those eyes!! They almost look like... Oh my god... I try to keep my cool, knowing he might run away if I act like a crazy fangirl.

"Here's your phone." he stands up, takes off his hoodie, and reveals himself by taking off the mask he was wearing and hands me my phone.

"How are you so calm? I thought you'd completely spaz out like a psychotic fangirl." He chuckles.

"I'm not like other girls, Colson."

"You know my real name, impressive." I almost bust out laughing but I let out a tiny giggle. Keep. your. cool. "Yeah, I do. You're a real inspiration to me and without your music, I probably wouldn't be writing songs and playing guitar." He smiled big and his cheeks turned red.

"Do you think I could get your number before you go, Cecilia?"

"Yes of course." I push my hair back behind my ears and look down to hide my bright pink cheeks. He takes out a notepad and pen. He glances up at me with his piercing blue eyes and I swear my heart dropped to my stomach. "It's (***)-***-****."

"What're you up to tomorrow afternoon? We could defin-..."

I interrupt him and burst out with "Out of all the girls inside of that stadium, why me? Why?"

"Because out of all those girls, you caught my attention. There was no girl I'd rather look at. It was like something just drew me to you. Something I've never felt before, and I want to figure out why I'm so drawn to you. I feel like we were meant to meet for a reason. You're breathtaking, Cecilia."

Did he really just say all of that? I couldn't help but smile uncontrollably. I cannot believe this is happening right now...

"I promise I won't tell anyone about this."

Colson had a look of shock on his face. "Tell whoever you want. I don't give a fuck what the world thinks about me and I certainly don't wanna keep you a secret. That's just fucked up." Before I could even respond., Colson looks at his watch then looks up at me. "I have to go, but I would love to see you tomorrow. Do you think you'd be up for it?"

"Duh. Where should I meet you?"

"I'll text you the addy. My house." He smiles.

"Alright, Colson. I'll see you tomorrow."I smile. I run back to my car internally screaming and I immediately call Vanessa and told her everything that had happened. Finally arriving home at 12:49 am, I get myself ready for bed and check my phone one last time. 

No calls or texts...