Epilogue - No Regrets

"Nayoon, Jaehyun. Dinner's ready!"

The two children squeal in happiness at their mother's call. They pick up their toys, taking them with them as they run back to the house. As they push the door closed behind them, a foot stops it from closing all the way.

"I hope we're not late," a low voice speaks.

Recognising the voice, the two children throw the door open again.

"Uncles!"

There, the little girl and boy are greeted by five tall men. Popping out from the kitchen to see what the commotion is about, you and Yoongi are both slightly surprised but happy to see who has come. Yoongi is quick to greet them as if he hasn't seen the men for several years.

"You made it!"

You smile at the boys that walk into your home. They all sport their own smiles, one more prominent in particular as he interacts with your children. Hoseok kneels down to their height, throwing his arms out for a hug. Nayoon and Jaehyun squeal as he picks them up and twirls them around.

"It's not like we live so far away, dummy," Jungkook calls out to you.

Rolling your eyes, you walk back into the kitchen as Yoongi chats with them. The timer on the oven beeps as you step towards it. Just in time, you think. You take the pans out of the oven and set them on top of the stove to cool. Another dish being set on the counter has you turning to the new presence. Seokjin gives you a warm smile before gesturing to the dish.

"I brought dessert, hope that's alright."

"Jin, you always bring dessert. When is it not okay?" You laugh.

The back door opens, bringing your other husband with it. Namjoon turns towards you. His eyes land on the boy beside you, and he smiles.

"I thought I heard extra voices."

Namjoon is immediately next to you greeting Seokin with a hug. As you look behind them, you can see Taehyung and Jimin making their way towards the dining table. Hoseok and Jungkook follow behind them, your two children on each of their backs. Yoongi is the last to enter, but he throws you a soft smile that you return when you make eye contact. Straightening your back, you clear your throat.

"Let's eat!"

As you gaze around the table, listening to the stories the boys share to your children, your heart warms. If you asked yourself ten years ago where you think you would be now, you would have never thought the answer would be at the start of a new age of the world. That a group of scared, young adults, from all across the country, fought for their safety and their lives together. That you would live to see the world end and be a part of the start of a new dawn. That you would be sitting here beside both of your loves, with the two children you brought into this world laughing along with the boys you now call family.

It's been six years since the end of the world. Now, you live in a small community of homes, most of which are occupied by dozens of kind survivors that you stumbled across. Together, you have started to create a new hope for the future. You built from the ground, up, starting fresh with the skills each of you have. You remember what Jungkook told you all those years ago. About thunderstorms. Is this the calm after the storm? Was the apocalypse nature's way of starting fresh? It makes you think; now that the storm has passed, where do we go from here? It isn't much, but one day you hope to give this new world to your children.

Namjoon's warm hand settles on your thigh. Your eyes drift to his face, noticing the concerned look it holds.

"Are you good?" he whispers.

Another arm warms your back slightly, and you turn to notice Yoongi looking at you with the same worry. You smile at them, taking a deep breath in and glancing back around the table. Jungkook and Jimin are still devouring their food. Hoseok has taken Jaehyun into his lap as the three year old plays with his hair. Seokjin and Taehyung react dramatically making your five year old, Nayoon, laugh as she tells them a story. The hands against your body tighten slightly as they wait for your answer. Looking back between your two husbands, you nod.

"Yeah, I'm good."

Despite going through hell and back to get where you are now, you don't regret anything. There is no place you'd rather be.