13 - Radio static

“Have you ever thought about what is going on with the rest of the world?”

“Like if the apocalypse is there too, or if we’re the only ones experiencing it?”

“Yeah,” you hum. “I don’t know, it's just… what if this all didn’t happen? What if we were still living normal lives?”

Yoongi shifted beside you. He moved to lay on his side, propping his upper body up with his arm, wanting to see you better. Namjoon did the same on the other side of you. They tossed their arms around you, rubbing at your sides.

“Mmm, well for starters, we all wouldn’t have met,” Yoongi mentioned.

Namjoon nodded his head against his hand.

“Yeah, it probably would have taken me even longer to find you again. So in a weirdly morbid way, I’m kinda glad that this all happened. I have two wonderful people that I can call mine, and five other people that I consider more than just my family.”

His words made you smile. Your heart raced as he looked at both you and Yoongi with pure adoration in his eyes. The past few weeks together had been nothing but bliss, and it shows in both of your boyfriend’s faces. The complete support for your relationship you received from the other boys helped make you feel at home and loved even more.

A sharp knock drew your attention from the two boys laying beside you. Whoever it was, they interrupted your late night existential talks with your boys. You look over at the door as Jimin’s head pops in, looking around for something.

“I hate to break whatever moment you were having, but I need to talk to Y/N.”

You sit up from the bed. You turn to place a kiss on Yoongi and Namjoon’s cheeks, crawling over the latter to leave the bedroom. Jimin takes your hand, pulling you to the living room. Taehyung is sitting on one side of the large sofa. You gaze between him and Jimin, wondering what was happening. It was practically the middle of the night.

“Okay,” Jimin sat you down on the other side of the sofa. “You remember how a couple months ago we were making connections about the things that were happening before this started?”

You nodded hesitantly, furrowing your eyebrows. Jimin and Taehyung glance at each other before looking back at you.

“I think we need to go to Seoul,” Taehyung spoke.

“What do you mean?”

He quietly cleared his throat. “I managed to find a battery powered radio. And when I searched through the channels, there was somehow a weak signal on one of them. I was able to make out a few words. There was something about Seoul, and I think we need to see if there is something going on there.”

You were confused. Not at the information that they received, but rather the way they were able to find any signal at all. Of course, the information itself was surprising. After a whole year of dealing with loss of communication, there was still a way people were giving and receiving information?

“We can talk about this more tomorrow with everyone, but you were the first person we thought of telling this to,” Jimin added.

You nodded, “Yeah, let’s do that. I’m sure the others would want to know, too.”

With a short ‘goodnight’ from each of you, you head back to your shared bedroom. Yoongi and Namjoon peer at you from their spots on the bed. They have moved a little closer to each other, but left a small space between them for you to settle into.

“Everything good?”

You give Namjoon a small nod of the head and smile at the sight of them hesitant to pull each other closer. Climbing back into bed, you are pulled at the arms to land lying mostly on Namjoon’s chest as Yoongi moves to cuddle you from behind.