Chapter 2

Katsuki's POV

That next morning after everyone was up, I made them board up all of the windows and exits on the first and second floor, leaving only the back exit open so we can access the buses. I still need to pick out the group of people we're sending to the fucking death trap formerly called a mall.

"Kaachan, are you okay?" Izu asks as we sit in his room on the second floor so we're near the others. "I guess. We still need to pick who the hell is going on the fucking store run," I say, combing my hand through my hair. Izu comes over and sits in my lap. I hug him close and we just sit there for a while. We only separate for a moment when a knock sounds on the door.

"It's Kyoka. I was wondering if there was anything I could help you with?" Kyoka says through the door. Zu gets off my lap and lets her in. He shuts the door behind her and comes back to my lap. "Do you have any ideas who should go with us on our trip to the store? We need obviously need us, Ayano cause she's the medical expert, someone who knows about plants AND natural medicines and remedies, Hanta since he's good with exotic weaponry, and a food expert," Zu says. 

"Well Mina is a natural remedy expert, Tamaki is a food and plant expert, Ibara is a plant expert, and Tsu is a food expert. If you wanna keep the group small, just take Tamaki and Mina. If you want better results, bring all of them. Make sure Hanta and Mina stay close, though, cause Hanta is the only one who can keep her quiet," Kyoka stated, playing with one of her dangling earrings.

"We should take all of them and two more guards. Can we count you as one of them?" I ask. She nods. "Now we need another." "How about Itsuka? She's skilled with any type of knife or sword and excels in martial arts," Zu says. "That should work," Kyoka and I say in unison, making my boyfriend laugh for the first time in 24 hours.

"We're going to grab all of our weapons and store them in our room. We trust you the most out of everyone here, except for each other and Eijirou, since we've known him the longest, so we were wondering if you could help us. We need someone to stand guard at each door while we move them, since we don't want you hurting yourselves,"Izu says. "Sure. I'll go grab Eijirou and we can get to work," Kyoka replies and exits the room.

Zu turns to face me in my lap once she leaves. "Kaachan I'm scared. We've never had so many people counting on us before. What if this fails?" he says, looking me straight in the eyes, his emerald orbs meeting my crimson ones. "Then we'll try and try again until we die, because we need to get out of this alive. No matter what," I tell him. He nods and we kiss. It's filled with love, passion, and fear, everything we're feeling, only driving us more. I bite his bottom lips for entrance, which gives. We fight for dominance, me of course winning. The kiss gets more heated as I explore his mouth. He moans into the kiss.

We then pull apart for air, only to jump right back into it. Several seconds latter, Eijirou opens the door. We pull apart and blush from embarrassment. "That isn't something you see everyday," Kyoka says, dragging Eijirou behind her. They sit down and we explain why he's here. He agrees and says he'll guard our room while Kyoka guards the spare rooms filled with weapons. We agree and get started.

I pull out my keys and unlock the first room. Eijirou and Kyoka stare in awe at the sheer number of weapons. I pull it closed, lock it, and move onto the next room. We show them each room so they know exactly what they're guarding. After we're finished, they're jaws won't close.