Chapter 6: Come on, Professor Lockhart, I thought this was DADA?

Gilderoy Lockharts Classroom

Professor Lockhart was pacing back and forward. Hermione and other girls was hang on to every single word he was saying. I watched Hermione and rolled my eyes and looked at what Harry and Ron was staring at, it was a large, covered cage rattling mysteriously on his desk.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force and Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most- Charming-Smile Award -- But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!" Professor Lockhart said

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books. Well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about. Just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in..." Professor Lockhart continued as he begins to circulate papers. The three of us examined the questions. Ron whispers to me and Harry. I was sitting behind them next to Seamus.

"Look at these questions. They're all about him." Ron says

"What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color?" Harry says

"What is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?" I say

"When is Gilderoy Lockhart's birthday and what would his ideal gift be?" Harry says

"You have thirty minutes. Start- now!" Professor Lockhart instructed and as quills begin darting across pages.

Later, Lockhart was rifling through completed exams.

"Tut, tut. Hardly any of you remembered my favorite color is lilac. But Miss Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potions. Good girl." Professor Lockhart smiles as Hermione beams of joy I rolled my eyes. Professor Lockhart's expression suddenly darkens.

"Now... be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here..." He said walking over to the cage with a showman's flair, Professor Lockhart turns slowly to the cage.

"I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them." Lockhart says. Neville looked pale and draws back. I lean forward. Professor Lockhart lets the tension build, then whips off the cover. Inside the cage are several electric blue creatures. Eight inches tall, with pointed faces and wings, they rattle the bars and pull bizarre faces at the students.

"Cornish pixies" Seamus says

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies." Lockhart tells us

Unable to control himself, Seamus snorts with laughter.

"Come on, Professor Lockhart, I thought this was DADA?" I said jokingly and laughing and Seamus laughs

"Laugh if you will, Mr. Elliott, Mr. Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them now!" Lockhart says flinging open the cage. Instantly, the pixies rocket about, spraying the students with ink bottles, breaking beakers and shredding books. Two seize Neville by the ears, lift him into the air, and begin to circle the ceiling.

"Honestly, I kinda like these guys, their completely harmless" I said dunking under the table

"If you had a empty room, kinda want one" I said

"You mad!" Ron said

"Come on now, round them up, round them up. They're only pixies."

I dunk my head from under the table and looked at the Professor. "Your the Professor!" I yelled and Lockhart brandished his wand.

"Peskipiski Pesternomi!" The spell has absolutely no effect.

"Is that even a bloody spell!" I yelled then a particularly obnoxious pixie makes a face, seizes Professor Lockhart's wand and tosses it out the window.

"Yup. Definitely asking for one this Christmas."I say and Ron shakes his head at me as Professor Lockhart joins the stampede to the door.

"I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." He said slamming the door, he's gone. I stand up and blink at the door. Ron swats a pixie gnawing his ear as I try to catch one.

"What do we do now?" Ron said panicking

"Uh...busy!" I said jumping in the air for a pixie. "Come on! Let me keep...you!" I said struggling and Hermione rolls her eyes and raises her wand.

"Immobilus!" Hermione casted and the pixies freezes in midair. Neville falls, plopping onto Lockhart's desk, shaken but unhurt. He looks at Hermione.

"Why is it always me?"

I got up on the table and grabbed one.

"Hey little guy" I said with a mischievous smile. "I have the perfect idea-"

"Don't even think about it" Hermione said glaring at me

"What? I wasn't gonna do anything."

Later, We was walking on the seventh floor corridor. Hermione, Ron, Me, Harry and Neville. Fresh from pixies. Hair askew. Robes shredded. I was mad.

"Can you believe him?" Ron says

"I'm sure Professor Lockhart just wanted to give us some hands-on experience." Hermione justified

"Hands on? Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing." Harry mentions

"Rubbish. Read his books. You'll see all the amazing things he's done." Hermione says

"He says he's done" Ron says

"Can you believe Professor Dumbledore said I couldn't keep one, one! I mean, I'm very responsible!"

"Yes keep telling yourself that" Hermione says

"Oh shut it Lockhart lover"

"Pixie lover"

"At least pixies can really do something!"

"Lockhart has done amazing things! Things that you can't even do!"

"If I had a pixie right now I will tell it to kick you right into your Lockhart loving-"

"Okay, okay! Save it for Quidditch game!" Harry says

I glare at Hermione and she glares at me back