4

---
Our hunting session ended with us hauling a bunch of animal meat to a little area with furnaces. We stood there and chatted about nothing and everything as we waiting.

The conversation started with flowers, went to scents, to candles, to romance, to kinks, to rope burn, to tug of war, to school field days, to memories of our pasts, to cafeteria food, to pizza places, and then finally to dinner tonight, which was going to be all this meat we got.

The whole time I was just thinking about how his cluelessness was so cute.

When he stood behind me, teaching me how to use a bow, he didn't realize I don't care about the bow, nor do I want to learn how to property hold an arrow. I just like his hands over mine and his body so close to mine.

Goddamn I sound like a simp.

Fuck, did I accidentally drink some of my own love potion? I don't like Dream like this.

Right?

It's just a friendly thing. I just like having him close.

The dirty little thoughts I have about him are just because we joke about that kind of stuff.

It isn't serious.

Right?

Fuck, maybe it is. I already feel guilty for this, what will I do if the potion wears off? I forgot to ask the L'Manburg guy about that. I have no idea how long it lasts. It could be three days or it could be sixty years.

Oh god, what if the potion wears off but I still have this stupid feeling for him? Then what? He won't be under the influence of a love potion anymore so therefore he won't want to be anything more than platonic again, but I think I accidentally actually fell in love with the fucker.

I didn't mean to.

Oh, fuck.

What do I do?

"Hello? Georgie you there?"

"Shit, sorry Dream."

I had zoned out. Dream and I are now storing the meat in this shed like thing Dream found. Somebody used to use it for the same reason, but it's obviously been abandoned for a few years if not a decade.

"It's alright, here help me hang these skins up" Dream threw a heap of animal skins my way.

I picked one up and forced a little hole into it with the hooks hanging from the ceiling.

"This is so disgusting." I said.

The place reeked of the smell of meat and... marijuana?

"Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"I dunno, kinda smells like pot?"

Dream dropped the skin he just picked up, "Huh. I think I know what you mean." he said, "Maybe they used to grow weed here."

"Yeah I guess. I wonder where they went."

Dream shrugged and hung up a skin.

His t-shirt sleeves were rolled up like a tank top. I caught myself staring at the muscles in his arms, and the scar that traces a line from the end of his deltoid to the beginning of his elbow. Sweat dripped from his skin. His hair was wet enough with sweat that it looked like he'd been walking in the rain for a minute. I assume he smells like shit but he looks hot, and all I can smell is meat and possibly cannabis anyway.

I quickly got back to work the second I saw Dream glancing in my general direction.

--

When we finished hanging everything and taking care of the meat, Dream and I left the shack to go to a waterfall and wash off the raw meat.

"So... You just go in with your clothes?" I asked, watching Dream just step into the water.

"Yeah, we're just washing away the raw meat residue and whatever."

"Oh. Okay."