Day one

An hour later, Y/n wakes to the sound of laughter. He mutters a soft groan before lifting his head just enough to look at his alarm; 8 AM it read in bold green numbers. The laughter starts once again when he realizes the sound is coming from his kitchen. Uncle Mike had probably gotten here early, as he always does, and brought someone with him. Y/n slowly pulls the covers back over his head until the alarm clock to his side beeps. Slowly peeling himself off the temporary air mattress, he shuts off the alarm and walks into the kitchen. 

"Good morning Kiddo," A familiar voice echos through the box-filled loft as Y/n turns the corner. His eyes meet with his aunt as he walked past her to get a cup of coffee. His face was still droopy from sleeping on his side, and his throat was still dry from having the windows open all night. 

"Say good morning to your Aunt kid," Mike sternly lectures Y/n as he always does. 

"Mike, let's not do this now," The two share a look as Y/n spots Milo jumping in and out of the boxes spread around his apartment. Y/n pours the last drop of coffee into his mug, mutters a quick 'morning' to his aunt, and makes his way over to his cat.

"Hi, schatje (little treasure)" Y/n picks up Milo from the box and puts him in his sweatshirt pocket. He walks back over to the kitchen, continuing to drink his coffee. "I'm guessing Missy didn't want to say goodbye." He avoids eye contact with the two of them while maintaining a steady hand on Milo's head.

"You know how emotional she can get. Plus, it's not goodbye. You are still coming back once a month, right?" Aunt Amy questions him.

"Yeah, every second weekend. I already talked with her about it. She loves our lunch getaways to Uproot in The Corner Village at Warren."

"Look her in the eyes when you talk, boy," Y/n looks up at Mike, then shifts his eyes to Amy, repeating his statement. "Good. Remember your manners. Just cause you're out of my house doesn't make you less of a man." Y/n nods as his uncle continues his regular 'How to be a man" speech. 

Interrupting him, Aunt Amy continues to question Y/n, "So have you made any friends in the big apple yet?" Y/n continue blowing on his coffee as he thinks about the night before.

"Nope, haven't met anyone yet," The two stare at him, slightly worry can be seen across their faces, "I promise I'll try and talk to people." Y/n sets down Milo to explore while continuing the conversation. "How long are you both planning on staying today?"

Aunt Amy goes to speak but is quickly talked over by her partner, "Next train out. Missy has a soccer game around..., oh when was it again?"

"One, sir. She always has her games at one."

"Right, one." The conversation dies once more between the two men. The silence fills the loft, making the atmosphere seem cold and sharp. The couple glances at one another while Y/n proceeds to drink from his cow printed mug. Milo's faint scratching at the bed frame in the next room breaks the silence. "Well, we should get going, kid," Mike tells him while setting down his cup, "Make some friends, go outside, do normal things people do in their twenties."

"What did you do in your twenties?" Y/n gives a soft chuckle, half-joking about his question.

"If you do what I did, I will kill you myself, got that?"

The loft once more fills with silence. It may have been a joke, but the tone in Y/n's voice sounded irrationally serious to seem like a joke. Soon after the statement, the pair make their way to the door and exit, leaving behind a very tired Y/n and an excited Milo. Y/n starts another pot of coffee while reading the news on his phone. Knowing things, all things, made him feel a comfort nothing else could give him. He submerged himself into the information lying on his fingertips, reading page after page until a knock at the door brings him back to reality. Y/n gets up from the couch and tangos around the boxes to his apartment door.

"Hi, Y/n, right?" A familiar voice asked him as he opened the door. In front of Y/n was the beautiful redhead he had seen just the night before. Being fully attentive granted him the ability to study more of her features, but he found himself always going back to those distinguished green eyes. 

"Yeah, Y/n. Is there something you need, love?"

"Oh. No, I just wanted to drop this off as an apology/welcome gift," She lifts the container in her hands, gesturing him to take it. Y/n looks down at her hands. A large plastic container resides in between Wanda's arms.

"Thank you, Wanda. You didn't have to; it wasn't a big deal or-"

"I insist. My brother and Peter can be a handful sometimes. Hopefully, you like sweets," Y/n takes the container from her hands and reads the list of ingredients she put on top. "I didn't know if you had any allergies, so these are like the health nuts version of cupcakes, but I swear they are tasty nonetheless." The two share a small laugh before they both turn at the sudden sound of Wanda's name echoing through the halls.

"Looks like you've got to go, love. Thank you again. I'll drop the container off later today."

"See you then." As Y/n studies her one last more, the Maximoff twin turns to walk back to her apartment. Slowly turning his heels back to face his apartment, Y/n carries the container of cupcakes inside. After setting down the container in the kitchen, Y/n walks back into the living room. Milo is sitting on one of the boxes, staring at him.

"Don't look at me like that. She's pretty, and she bakes. You would have a crush too if you weren't a cat," He says as if his cat could even comprehend what was just said. Milo jumps from the box and prances his way back into Y/n's room. Letting out a quick sigh, Y/n picks up his phone once more and dials the phone number of an old friend.