Co-Workers

The hour had come where Y/n was to have dinner with the teenage Avengers. Although he didn't know they were the Avengers. Much like how the Avengers didn't know he was "The Y/n L/n". Milo fell asleep around ten minutes before Y/n left his apartment. Numerous amount of excuse had been running through Y/n's mind, but he settled on attempting to make friend's. Of course, things never seem to go to plan.

A muffed "come in," was heard from outside the teens apartment. Y/n tried the door knob and walked into their apartment. It was twice the size of his apartment. Larger kitchen, larger living room, and they even had a formal dining room. The four hosts are all seated in the kitchen laughing. Kate is the first one to get up and greet Y/n.

"Hey neighbor, fancy seeing you here," Kate smiles as she shows you into the kitchen.

"Um..Hi," Y/n awkwardly waves and looks down. The other three guests welcome him before Wanda gets up from her stool.

"Take my seat, I need to watch the food so it doesn't burn." She moves past Y/n and looks into the oven.

"She cooks for us almost every night, usually when we don't have any incoming-." Kate is quickly cut off my Peter Parker.

"SO- Y/n. What exactly do you do?" Unsure how exactly to respond to his question, Y/n fidgets with his hands while thinking of an answer. 

"Well I'm in New York for college. I don't exactly have a job yet, but a good friend of my uncle wants me to be his personal journalist." The four looked at him intrigued. Over the past few months, they haven't really gotten to talk to any other kids their age. Mission's had been constantly drowning them since the rise of Hydra. "I don't really want to work for him. From what I've seen and heard, he seems like a complete asshole."

Pietro speaks up as curiosity fills his brain, "Who are you going to be working for exactly?"

"Tony Stark." The sudden tension rises in the kitchen. Assuming he said something wrong, Y/n lowers his head to now look at his fingers which haven't stopped fidgeting.The four stare at each other, not knowing what to say. A few minutes pass before the oven timer dings, drawing everyones attention. 

Wanda becomes the first to speak, "Dinner is ready. If you all want to take a seat in the dining room and I will bring the food out in a minute." Kate, Peter, and Pietro head into the dinning room. Y/n stay's behind the counter, trying to muster up enough courage to ask if the beautiful redhead needed any help. Almost as if she could read his mind, Wanda turns around to face Y/n. "Would you like to help me carry these in?"

Without uttering a word, Y/n takes multiple dishes into the dinning room, setting them before the three already sat down. Wanda is quick to follow, and the five of them being to scoop food onto their plates. The evening went on, but conversation was light. The four teenagers mainly talks about their things, leaving Y/n confused. As dinner settled down, Y/n offered to help with the dishes before leaving. Of course, the female Maximoff twin was the only one who participated in cleaning the dishes with Y/n's help. "How do you life New York? Peter had said you had all just moved in before me."

Surprised by the sudden act of starting a conversation, Wanda stops cleaning the dishes and props herself onto the counter. "It's alright. Nothing like where I used to live. What about you?"

"Me? Well I used to live upstate. Then I moved in with my uncle in New Jersey, so I still got to visit often. I doesn't really feel like I moved since I know the area so well."

"That's nice." Wanda stayed sitting atop the counter, while Y/n hadn't even looked up from the sink. She watched him clean, and then she smiled at him. "You don't have to do that. We have a dish washer."

"Oh," a slightly nervous tone can be heard from his voice, "I just like cleaning by hand." Finally setting down a sponge and plate, Y/n looks up to Wanda. The warmth in her smile can be felt across his face. The two stared at each other a moment longer before an abrupt interruption. 

"That's my phone. I should probably get that," she says while hopping down from the counter.

"It's fine. I really should get back anyways." The two walk out of the kitchen and to the hall. 

"See you around, Y/n."

"Yeah, goodnight." Y/n walks back into his apartment where he lies down on his couch. Milo jumps onto him a moment later, causing Y/n to let out a soft grunt. It was only a quarter til ten, but the amount of socialization had completely knocked him out. As Y/n slept, the four teenagers were on their way out of town. A special phone call from the Tony Stark, involving the same routine; Fight, Win, Party, would keep the them out all night. Although, maybe they should be out there. It's safer than what would have happened if they stayed.