Chapter 17 - Flutter

After the recreational events, the entire class of 1A, minus Izuku, went up to the bleachers to watch the battle from there. The boy sat at the edge of the seats beside Katsuki who was in between him and Denki.

"Hey guys, are you ready?" Present Mic shouted to which the crowd roared in excitement. "There were a lot of events, but it comes down to this! The final battle! You can only rely on yourself!"

On the stadium, Izuku came out from one hallway while Hitoshi came out from the other. "He's had good results so what's with that face? Midoriya Izuku from the Hero Course, versus... sorry, he hasn't had any notable results, Shinso Hitoshi from the General Studies Course!"

[y/n] squinted his eyes at the introductions but nonetheless clapped for the two boys since he couldn't really do anything else.

"The rules are simple, either throw them out of bounds or paralyze them. It's also your win if you make the opponent say 'I give up'. Also, don't worry about injuries, our Recovery Girl is on standby. Throw your morals and ethics aside for a moment but life threatening attacks result in a disqualification."

[y/n] smirked at the rules since they were basically allowed to do anything except try and kill the opponent. The fight began as Hitoshi said something to Midoriya to taunt him which worked as Midoriya shouted and went for a punch but suddenly froze in place. "Hey what's happening? It's the first round, make it more exciting!"

[y/n] sucked the air through his teeth as this basically meant the round was over. "Right from the start, Midoriya has been paralyzed. Is this Shinso's quirk?"

"Hey [y/n], you were teammates with that guy in the cavalry battle right?" Denki asked which got the attention of a few of his classmates. The boy nodded at the question, "So... what's his quirk exactly?"

The boy looked back at the stage to see Izuku walking towards the boundary of the stage and turned back to his classmates, "Brainwashing."

"Brainwashing?!" Denki shouted out. Which got the attention of Uraraka and Iida who was cheering on for the green-haired boy.

"If Deku doesn't do something he's gonna lose!" Uraraka shouted.

"How does it work exactly?" Mina asked from the side. The boy closed his eyes and tried to think of an explanation but he didn't really know the specifics of it.

"I think... as long as you respond verbally to him he can brainwash you," [y/n] signed to which Mina translated to the rest of the class. The entire class watched at the edge of their seats as Izuku slowly neared the line of the boundary. Suddenly, a large gust of wind came from Izuku as he stopped a few inches from the line and turned around.

"Midoriya has stopped!"

The crowd roared at the clutch save while [y/n] was confused on how he broke the trance before seeing that his fingers were swelling. He must have inflicted pain to break the trance.

The two boys then began fighting each other as [y/n] hissed when Hitoshi got a clean hit on Izuku's face. Suddenly, Izuku then grabbed the purple-haired boy's fist just as he was about to punch him and flipped him over making him land on his back and halfway outside the stage.

Midnight raised her hand, "Shinso is out of bounds, Midoriya advances to the second round!" [y/n] pumped his fist as Izuku was the first one to make it to the next round.

"You were thrown like that too, huh?" Denki said to Katsuki remembering All Might's battle training which made [y/n] chuckle.

"Shut up, idiot."

The two boys on the stage then took their places in the middle of the stage to congratulate each other. "That was pretty bland for the first round, but let's praise them for their fight."