Chapter 46 - Final Boss

Katsuki, Eijiro, and Shoto waited outside the hospital after the sun had set, as the lampposts and lights to the entrance of the hospital became brighter. While Shoto and Eijiro stood at the entrance staring, Katsuki leaned on the lamppost while tapping his foot on the ground growing a bit impatient.

"I... wonder what Yaoyorozu decided," Eijiro said in an attempt to break the silence.

"She better say yes," Katsuki grumbled while crossing his arms.

"In the end, it's up to her," Shoto sighed. "No matter how we–"

Suddenly, the doors to the hospital opened as the trio looked towards the hospital door to see Yaomomo exiting from the building with a small bandage on her forehead... and behind her was Izuku.

Izuku's eyes immediately noticed Katsuki's presence as the two stared at each other.

"Well, Izuku's probably just as hurt as you are. Who knows? Maybe you two will rescue my son from the clutches of those good-for-nothing villains." Katsuki let out a tch and cursed the woman who was probably laughing at his situation right now... then again, Akira didn't mean her statement literally.

The duo approached them as Katsuki watched from the sidelines. "Yaoyorozu... what's your answer?"

Yaomomo pursed her lips at the question, as if she wasn't even sure of her own answer. "I–"

"Wait!"

The group immediately flinched at the voice as they said Iida walking towards them with a blank expression.

"Iida..." Izuku murmured the boy's name.

"Why?" Iida said in a tone mixed with disappointment and anger. "Why you guys, of all people? The ones who stopped me when I was reckless, moved by personal reasons. The two, who received amnesty along with me... Why are you trying to make the same mistake I made? It's too much!"

"What are you talking about?" Eijiro said as he tried to approach Iida while Katsuki did the same, but both were stopped by Shoto who grabbed them by the shoulder. Katsuki let out a tsk and shook the hand off him while going back to his usual spot.

"We're still minors," Iida argued while trying to keep calm. "And to say U.A. is in a tight spot as it is... Do you understand who will take responsibility for your actions?!"

"Iida!" Izuku approached the blue-haired boy. "We get it! We don't think rules should be bro–" Katsuki widened his eyes along with the rest of the group as they witnessed Izuku get punched in the face by Iida. He wanted to enjoy the moment but he was starting to get impatient at how long they were taking.

"It's hard for me too!" Iida shouted. "Of course I'm worried! I'm the class rep! I worry about my classmates! Not just [y/n]! When I saw your injuries, I was reminded of my brother in his bed! What if you end up like him because of your reckless actions."

Izuku stood frozen as he attempted to process what just happened.

"Are you saying you don't give a damn about how much I worry?" Iida grabbed him by the shoulders prompting the green-haired boy to face him. "Are you saying you don't care about my feelings?"

"Iida," Shoto called his name catching his attention. "It's not like we intend to face them head-on and win. We want to save him without fighting."