middle school crush

taehyun walks past beomgyu's lunch table, not sparing him a glance. beomgyu wonders if taehyun even knows he exists.

"stop staring at him," soobin shoves three cheese fries in beomgyu's open mouth, and despite almost choking, he chews to continue his stare on the particular red haired boy from across the hall. "just tell me what happened that night and i'll give you a pass. because for goodness sake, gyu! our junior?!"

panic arises beomgyu when people starts giving them looks. perhaps soobin have said that a little too loud. "can you be quiet?"

he receives an eye roll. soobin knew beomgyu became attracted to the boy after the victory ball (his ears were almost bleeding from all the rant beomgyu made about how "perfect" taehyun is), but beomgyu refuses to tell him what exactly happened that night. considering how infatuated his best friend is, he could only theorize. "did you kiss?" soobin asks, but he got no reply. he decided to just drop it as he figures that the silence was an indication that his friend got played; taehyun kissed beomgyu that night and now he's hangup on it while the other is acting like nothing happened.

but, no.

beomgyu's silence was due to the fact that he didn't kiss taehyun.

there was no intimate moment shared during the victory ball where he first saw him. but rather, it was a polite smile and an eye contact that lasted for a few seconds. as cliché as it seems, beomgyu believes it was love at first sight. he was just so drawn to taehyun's presence that day that he would physically flinch if they coincidentally got snacks from the snack bar at the same time.

'oh, god. why am i acting like this over a second year boy?!' beomgyu slaps his hand to his cheeks. he needs to get a grip of himself. that's his junior! him crushing on taehyun is very inappropriate!