Chp:-5 Not Deaf

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, USA.

ISHAAN MEHRA

It was a nice sunny morning here in LA. Yeah I'm in LA (Los Angeles) right now. I was staying in The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles. It was a beautiful sea facing hotel. I went for a walk by the bay. It was so peaceful. I went back to my room and took a shower and got dressed and went to the restaurant and had breakfast. After having breakfast, I went to my best friend's villa in the Beverly Hills.

My childhood friends Sahil and Chhavi live here in LA. Sahil is a cardiologist and a cardiothoracic surgeon (heart surgeon) and Chhavi is a well known fashion designer. She's known for her exclusive indo western clothing line. Sahil, Chhavi and their 4 year old son Saharsh live here in LA whereas their families live in Mumbai. After a good 40 minutes cab ride, I finally reached their house. I rang the doorbell. Saharsh opened the door.

He saw me and jumped on me and I carried him and hugged him tightly while he was constantly giggling.

Saharsh yelled, "MOM DAD Ishaan bro is here. Come inside bro." He dragged me inside.

I sat on the couch. Chhavi and Sahil came out. I hugged them both. We all sat on the couch. Saharsh sat on my lap.

Sahil said, "Its been ages since we saw each other buddy."

I said, "yeah 2 long years."

Chhavi asked, "how have you been?"

I said, "very well."

We talked about our careers, business and progress and stuff. Saharsh fell asleep. Sahil carried him to his room and came back. It was almost lunch time.

Chhavi said, "oh no Sahil I didn't realise its almost lunch time. I haven't made anything. I'll make noodles quickly."

I said, "it's ok don't worry."

Chhavi said, "no no you must be hungry and even we are it'll hardly take any time."

Sahil said, "Chhavi baby he's right. I'll do one thing. I'll go out and get something quickly."

I said, "I'll come along."

Sahil said, "no no bro I'll be back soon. You relax." He went.

Chhavi said, "I'll get some beer." She went to the bar to get beer.

I checked my phone. I was scrolling down my Instagram page. I saw Nirav's post with Riya. I was looking at their picture. It was really very good. Riya was looking so sexy. I zoomed the picture. I was constantly looking at Riya. I got lost.

Suddenly I heard Chhavi yell, "HEY ISHAAN YOUR BEER IS HERE."

I said, "cool cool I'm not deaf."

Chhavi said, "I've been trying to tell you the same for the past 20 minutes but you seemed to be lost in your thoughts. Where is that old, cheerful, funny and sensible Ishaan gone? I want him back. What's new Ishaan? Is there anyone special in your life? You can tell me."

I said, "hey hey relax, I'm fine. Everything is perfectly alright. You'll be the first person to know if something goes wrong in my life you guys will be the first persons to know."

Sahil entered and said, "Deep fried Mac and cheese balls, enchiladas and subway is here. Come on guys."

Chhavi said, "I will call saharsh." She went upstairs.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. Why am I smitten by Riya?

Chhavi and Saharsh came downstairs. We all had lunch together and some funny and nostalgic conversations. It was fun.

After lunch Saharsh went to their neighbour's house to play.

Me, Sahil and Chhavi we sat and talked a lot. We saw old pictures. Cherishing old memories with friends is the best thing ever. Later in the evening we went for a walk.

I asked, "Chhavi did you find a suitable showstopper for your show?"

Chhavi asked, "how do you know about it?"

I said, "remember last week when we did a what's app call. You mentioned about the same."

Chhavi said, "yeah right. No, not yet I don't know what to do."

I said, "well I can ask Nirav. He has a lot of contacts and connections so through him we can find a model for you who can be your showstopper. I'll let you know by tomorrow."

Chhavi said, "wow thanks a lot." She hugged me tightly.

Sahil said, "that's great dude."

We picked up Saharsh from the neighbour's house and went to the beach and enjoyed a lot. It was a good day.

I LOVE MY PEACEFUL LIFE..........................