𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ; right, perkins?

CAROL AND Amelia were getting dressed to go out. Carol planned to hang out with her boyfriend, Tommy H, while Amelia planned to ride her bike to Castle Byers to see Will. It was the summer of '85, and the group wanted to take a break from school to have fun. While Dustin was away at camp, Amelia spent the majority of her time with her best friends.

"See you, Mel. Have fun with Will." her sister smirked. 

"Carol, for the last time, Will and I are just friends. Plus, even if I did like him, he probably doesn't even like me back," Amelia replied, shrugging. Carol obviously noticed her discomfort before continuing to speak.

"Well, bye." Carol responded, before grabbing her coat and walking out of the house. Amelia stood there watching her sister get into Tommy's car and drive away.

Amelia sighed. She didn't like Will like that, but everyone else seemed to think that she did.

Don't overthink, she thought. 

Rubbing her face with her hands, she exhaled and walked up to her bike, getting on the seat and cycling away.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

She arrived at the Byers' house and parked her bike outside. She walked behind the house and into the forest to Castle Byers. She heard someone singing along to Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash in the distance, and immediately recognized who it was.

"Hey, Will the Wise!" she shouted as she walked to Castle Byers, loud enough for the boy to hear. She heard the song pause and Will walked out. 

"Mel the Majestic," he chuckled, reaching out his hand to her. They entered Castle Byers, and Amelia sighed as she sat on the ground by Will's feet, before resting her head on Will's knee. "Hey, you okay?" Will questioned calmly, patting her on the head.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. It's all good." The girl gave a soft smile.

The two sat there, gossiping about stuff like school and their friends, and giggling like idiots, when Will got up and looked at his watch. "Oh, Mel, we gotta go. We're gonna be late." Amelia nodded, and they dashed to their bikes and rode to the mall together.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

"I won the bet! Pay up, Lucas," Max smirked as the two best friends arrived. Lucas rolled his eyes and gave her a 10 dollar bill.

"What bet?" Amelia asked as she hopped off her bike. "Oh, nothing. We just knew you two would come together."

"Why though?" Will inquired as they heard the familiar sound of Mike's bike's bell. Will's question was ignored by Max and Lucas. Mike's hair was a mess, and his lips were swollen, making Amelia grin. mike noticed before hopping off his bike. "Mel, stop that."

"Stop what?" she asked, playing innocent. 

"Whatever, you're late! Again!" Lucas scolded, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever. We're gonna miss the opening," Will whined.

"Yeah, if you guys keep whining about it. Let's go!" Mike put his bike in the rack, along with the others. 

Lucas mocked Mike as they made their way into the crowds of people.

"Just please stop talking, dude."