Go Big or Go Home

When I walk on the field, I make sure to tuck my ponytail at the top of my helmet. This will be my first practice on the Tiger's team. I look around and their are some boys who look like they are good players. We start stretching. That's when my best friend, Jonathan comes up, I call him Johnny for short.

-What do you want Johnny?

-Just wanted to make sure that it was you, I saw the last name Hollister and I thought that it was you.

-Fine it's me, but tell anyone and I will kill you

-Ok, but what position are you going to play?

-You know me, I want to be the quarterback

-Ok, but here are some really good guys who want it also

-But I'm better

And with that I walk away. Coach then says, "Ok if you are trying to be the quarterback, stand right here" I walk right where he points to. Three other guys line up next to me. Then he gets the wide receivers. "Ok, the wide receiver will start running and all you have to do is get the pass to him, if he misses it and he could've caught it, he's out, if it wasn't near him, your out, do you understand" "Yes sir" The first guy goes up. He throws it and it barely goes anywhere. He's out. Then the second guy goes up, he gets the throw to him, but he drops it. The wide receiver is out. The guy in front of me goes. Nowhere near him. He's out.

Now it's my turn. I grab the football and the receiver starts running. I wait for the perfect time. Then I throw it. It lands right in his hands. Perfect pass.

Coach comes up to me and says, "Would you like to be the starting quarterback"

In my manliest voice I say, "Yes"