➳ 8

"Every day after meeting you is like a glass bottle filled with sweets, My heart gets sweet just looking at you cra-cra-cra-crazy ah, I take one sniff, I think I'm already drunk, We spread our wings, fly high yeah we fly high" -Butterflies by Red Velvet

>>><<<

"Oppa!! I want it back! Stop!"

Daegal chased after Kkami in a desperate attempt to get back her favorite toy. The Chihuahua ran with it in his mouth, his playful nature shining through whenever he was with the younger and more energetic puppy. Unfortunately, as they ran the pure white puppy took a tumble. This elicited a cry from the female and opted for the male to return to her side with the toy.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry... Does it hurt?"
"a-a little."
"Sorry... let's just play while sitting down."
"Okay, Oppa."

"So we can go?"
"Yeah! Changbin hyung got jealous that we got to hang out with you guys so now he wants you to come over."
"Bro, all I said was that I was thirsty and suddenly we're planning too go to the SKZ dorm what is this-"
"This is basically what our friendship is like, Mark Hyung. Get used to it."
"Still-"
"The dorm's really near, I promise. It's walking distance."
"But I'm not ready!"
"I mean, we weren't ready when we visited the Dreamie dorm, either. I'm sure they won't mind, you're a really cool Sunbae to us."
"Are you sure? I don't even have a gift or-"
"That's the good thing, Hyung. They don't expect anything."
"Ah! Lix is baking brownies again so-"
"We're going."

Chenle proclaimed before packing up their bags. Mark wasn't against the idea of going to their friends' dorm, instead he was taken aback by the willingness expressed by both parties. Hyunjin started typing out messages to warn his members that the Mark Lee was coming to their dorm as well. Their senior may be younger than some of them, but everyone who was younger than him didn't get to bond with him over a collaborative stage like they had with the rest of DREAM. Meanwhile, Chan and Changbin had done a performance with him; however that doesn't change the fact the male was their senior. The same could be said for Minho although he had even more limited interactions with the Canadian.

"Kkami!! We're going to the dorm!"

"Oppa, are you leaving?"

Despite the heightened sense of hearing dogs possessed, when they were playing about in their own world; conversations of other beings around them weren't something worth listening to.

"Daegal, let's get ready!"

"Should we try to stand our ground again?"
"Appa's break is almost over though... Maybe we should actually listen?"

"Don't worry, we aren't going home yet."
"Where are we going then, Appa?"
"Kkami, we're gonna drop by the dorm before going back home."
"Are Daegal and her humans coming, too?"
"Daegallie... be a good girl, okay."
"Yes, Mark Oppa. But where are we going?"
"It's our first time going to the SKZ's dorm, so we have to be well-behaved."

"Oh, they said Channie Hyung went out to show Berry the field real quick."
"You have another dog?"
"Ah- no, well-"

Hyunjin pondered carefully about what the right answer would be, after all, Berry was the Bang family's pet. However, like Kkami (and Soonie, Doongie, and Dori) Berry didn't live in their dorm. In fact, she resided in the land way down under.

"Berry's uh... Berry is one of our pets, but way back in Australia so... If you though you would meet-"
"Ah. Makes sense."

Although it was rude to interrupt people mid-speech, Mark noticed that the speaker was struggling quite a lot. Thus, leading to him sparing the boy from further hardship.

"Berry! Look! It's Kkami!"

The exclamation came from a male who had his arm outstretched as he pointed at the dog excitedly. As today was one of their free days, the leader had been on a call with his family. After speaking to Lucas and Hannah, they passed the phone to Berry. Or, they made the dog sit somewhere while leaving the phone to balance somewhere.

"Channie Hyung!"

"YA HWANG HYUN- Ah! Hello Sunbaenims,"
Bang Chan bowed to the pair of senior idols as he sped towards them with his phone in his hand.

"Hyung, please, no need to be so formal... We even rapped together before..."
"Ah, but-"
"Hyung, we aren't even at work."

Chenle and Mark reassured the male as the youngest picked his daughter up from the ground. Unbeknownst to any of them, the new puppy was caught in the frame of the device that connected them to Berry. This was only acknowledged when a bark was heard from the phone.

"What's your name?!"

When Daegal answered back, their shocked and baffled expressions contorted into ones of pleasantry.

"Daegal! How about you?"
"I'm Berry!"
"Nice to-"
"BERRY!!"

Hyunjin then slid into the frame with Kkami who had gotten enthusiastic the moment he heard the exchange.

"Kkami! HI! How are you?"
"I've been playing with Daegal!"
"I've been playing with Oppa! What about you?"
"OMG! Funny story yalls, so I was at a dog park yesterday, right? I was chasing this super speedy squirrel and it ran up a tree to get away from me! I barked at it for like a whole hour until it came down, and then I chased it out of my dog park! I reclaimed my territory!"

The owners simply made light conversation, letting their pets interact on their way to the dorms inhabited by a chaotic group of eight. 

----------

BERRY HAS APPEARED