-3-

- Lucas P.O.V -

Nonexistent.

That was our progress. we had done anything and everything other than think of a plan. We even went as far as completing our first-day assignments. 

"Honestly, this seems like a waste of time. For all, we know she already told Kiera," Jake said.

"Yeah, but she might keep it as leverage as well, you know to blackmail him to do stuff for her," Aiden countered.

"There isn't anything he can do for her, so I don't think she will keep it as leverage," Jake said as if I wasn't in the room.

"You do realize that I'm right here, right?" I said to break off another debate about what Ivy did with the information I idiotically gave her.

"There are things he can do for her," Aiden replied, ignoring my comment altogether.

"Really? Like what?" Jake asked raising an eyebrow. These two really need to learn how to acknowledge other people's presence. The worst part was that Aiden actually looked like he was thinking hard about this, before turning to me.

"What can you do for her?" he asked.

"Why would I do anything for her?" I asked, I was already trying to limit my encounters with her so why would I willingly help her with anything? They both look at me and sigh before laying back down on my bed that they so very rudely hogged while I was sitting on my study chair. I wasn't complaining though, it was quite comfy. 

"This is exactly why you are doomed," Aiden said.

"I asked you guys to come here to help me not make me feel like a useless human being," I said with a small pout.

"Just pester her to the state of total annoyance so that she will do anything to get you away from her," Jake said, it would have been a good idea if I didn't have to spend more time with Lotus. 

"That's too much effort," I said looking at them, and all they did was give me a look of disbelief in return, again.

"Well, then do you have a better idea? Any leverage on her? Any crushes? hobbies? Weird habits?" Jake asked.

"Why are you looking at me? How would I know?" I replied.

"You have literally been her neighbor since birth," Jake said with a flat look.

"Yeah, but I don't stalk her," I defended, I mean why would I? Plus I already had someone to fill that position.

"Yeah cause that's what Kiera is for," Aiden said with a smirk.

"Honestly why am I friends with you two?" I asked no one in particular. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost Dinner time now and I was just laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Aiden and Jake had left a while ago. 

"Hey, lil bro," Gray said as he enters my room. I looked at him, still lying in the bed, before going back to staring at the ceiling.

"Hey," I replied.

"What happened to you?" he asked as he came to sit beside me on the bed.

"Nothing."

"Listen here, I am your big brother so don't you even dare lie to me little lady," he said with a smirk.

"I am not your sister," I said with a flat look.

"I would have preferred a sister over you, at least I could put these muscles to use and ward off any hormonal teenage boys," he said, with a dreamy voice and flexing his 'muscles'.

I sighed before asking: "Why are you here?"

"No reason just wanted to check up on you, like the good brother I am," he said while I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Ok, fine, mom sent me up here to get you for dinner," he said.

"That sounds more like it," I said while nodding my head.

"Tell her I'll be down in a minute," I said, but he still didn't get up, instead he was staring at me.

"What?"

"I am serious Luke, tell me what's wrong," he said, while he sat on my bed cross-legged. He looked so hyper as if a kid on a sugar rush.

"This feels like a bad idea," I said warily.

"Trust me, it is," he said still looking hyper excited.

"Now proceed," he said with a serious face before his creepy smile returned. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a bad idea.

I was sitting at the dining table with Gray and mom, while Gray was reciting my whole fiasco that took place at school. I should have never said anything to him, he can not keep his mouth shut for the life of him.

"Ugh, I should have never said anything to you," I said while they were in a deep conversation about how bad my plan to talk to Kiera was. Their heads snapped to me.

"Hey sweetie, we aren't making fun of you, we are just discussing what you could have done better. We are only trying to help you," mom said with a smile.

"I am just here to see you get embarrassed," Gray said with a mouth full of food.

No wonder he gets along with Aiden and Jake so well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner, I went back to my room and changed. After taking a quick shower, I jumped into my bed and took out my phone.

I woke up about two hours later, with a bright light coming from my window. I begrudgingly got up to close the curtains. When I reached the window I realized the light was coming from the window across mine, and there was a shadow pacing the room. I wondered if I had started imagining things due to the lack of sleep. After all, why would Iris be up at this time?

 You're up as well.

Because I was woken up.

Excuses, excuses.

I am not having a debate with myself, again.

I pulled my curtains closed, deciding that sleep was better than figuring out why my annoying neighbor was up at this hour.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I dragged myself out of bed and did my morning routine. Rubbing my eyes I walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Didn't get a good sleep last night?" mom asked when she saw me.

"Something like that," I mumbled taking a seat next to Gray who was engrossed in his phone. 

He had a small frown intact on his face as he concentrated on his screen. Wonder what he found so interesting at 7 in the morning.

I finish my breakfast and leave the house. Getting into my car I drive off to school, today is going to fun. 

Not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally finished this. This one is a little short because I was busy with my test which are ALMOST done. Yay! only two more to go.

Words Count: 1237

Published: 12th June 2021

-The_Thoughts21