𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

disclaimer:the bold letters mean someone is being "interviewed"

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗s: 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎

I look over my outfit one more time. A purple pastel button-up shirt partially tucked into my ripped jeans, paired with my favorite black combat boots. I quickly braid back my wavy honey-brown hair and head out of my room after grabbing my phone and backpack.  I look out of the window to see my parents cars already missing from the driveway. 

Willow: My parents are both doctors, so naturally, they leave me do deal with the three year old in the mornings... and afternoons..and weekends. Luckily when Brynn was born they hired the best babysitter on the planet so I could have somewhat of a life. Autumn is seriously the coolest person you will ever meet. 

I sigh before walking into my little sister, Brynlee's room. I smile when I see her peaceful, sleeping state. I walk towards her bed before gently shaking her awake. As she stirs in her sleep I quietly whisper to her, "Brynn, you got to get up, sweetheart. Autumn's going to be here soon." Slowly, she wakes up and clamps her arms around my neck, signaling me to pick her up. I comply, and carry her out of her room and into the kitchen. I set her down in her chair at the island counter just as the doorbell rings  throughout the house. I give Brynn her bowl of cereal before opening the front door. Autumn smiles brightly from the other side. "Hey Willow!" I return the smile before engulfing her into a hug. "I missed you so much Autumn!" "Jeez, I missed you too" she says, laughing as we let go of each other. "Come in, I'm sure Brynn is very excited to see you" I tell her as we carry our conversation back into the kitchen. As Brynn's eyes meet Autumn's, her face lights up. "Autumn!" she squeals. Autumn's smile gets bigger as she hugs the little girl.

"How's my favorite 3 year old doing?" she asks Brynn. "Great! I got so many new toys while we were in California! Can I show her them Willow?" Brynn asks me eagerly. I laugh lightly before saying. "Calm down, Brynnie, you have all day to show her your toys." Autumn takes a glance at the clock before looking back at me. "Speaking of, you should probably leave before you're late"

"Yeah, I guess I should. I'll be home around 4ish. If not mom will be back at 5:00." I tell her before I leave the house, hopping onto my bike and riding off to school.

『.』『.』『.』

"She's literally the most perfect girl you could imagine, Ash." I hear EJ say as I sneak behind Ashlyn. She screams as I jump on her back and EJ lets out a laugh. "Hi Ash!" I yell in her ear. Ashlyn drops her hold on me as she turns around and hugs me. "Oh my god! Willow!" she yells back. "How was California?" EJ asks me as Ashlyn and I pull away from each other. " A dream come true. Working on a actual movie set was the highlight of my life." I respond with a smile. "I cannot believe I can say my best friend starred in a movie." Ashlyn says proudly.

Willow: Over the summer my family and I flew to Los Angeles because I landed a big part in a movie. It's about this group of kids that get trapped at their school and have to vote on which ones die and which ones live. No big deal...but I'm going to be in a movie! I mean, it's not like I've been dreaming of this my whole life or anything...

"Well you can't really say it yet, at least not until the movie comes out." I tell her. She nods understandingly before I turn back to EJ "So what was this I heard about a perfect girl?" I ask him. "EJ apparently got a new girlfriend over the summer." Ashlyn says. My eyes widen in shock. "She's amazing Willow. Nini Salazar- Roberts. She's in the drama club." EJ tells me. I nod my head, now knowing who he was talking about. "She played a tree in Brigadoon last year, right?". EJ nods. "We went to theater camp together. She was the understudy for the lead and had to fill in last minute. I don't understand why she hasn't played a lead before, she's amazing!" As EJ says that, the intercom buzzes before the principal's voice rings through the halls. "Good morning, students.Please make your way to the gym for our annual back-to-school kickoff." As the intercom turns off, Ashlyn gives a wave to EJ  as we head for the gym.

『.』『.』『.』

"And I am pleased to announce that this year, seniors will be allowed to wear baseball hats on Fridays." Principal Gutierrez says into the microphone attached to his podium. A couple girls sitting behinds us yell out in glee, making Ashlyn and I laugh. "And now for a special introduction," he continues. "This year, East High has a new teacher with a annoucement that she swore, in writing, would not cost too much money."  The students clap as the new teacher meets up with the principal as he hands her a microphone. "Please, hold your applause." She says as they stop clapping. "Go wildcats!" She screams as she uses a t-shirt canon to  shoot a t-shirt into the crowd, the shirt landing on the lap of the dark-skinned girl next to me. She looks at the shirt in her lap before shaking her head and laughing to herself. 

"Lucky you, huh?" I tell her. She looks at me as her smile dissappears. "Yeah I guess so." She says shortly. I stick my hand out to shake hers. "I don't think I've seen you around here before, I'm Willow." The girl looks at my hand intently, before shaking it after a moment. "Gina. Gina Porter. I'm a transfer student." "Oh, cool, where from?" I ask her as the drama teacher keeps talking. "All over. I just moved from Texas, though." she answers. I nod at her as Ashlyn pratically yells in my ear. "Wills, did you hear what she said!" "No, I wasn't paying attention, what's she saying?" "The new musical is going to be High School Musical! You should totally try out for Gabriella!" Ashlyns says excitedly. I shrug the comment off. "I don't know Ash, Gabriella is a reach for me." 

Willow: Okay, yes I did somehow manage to get a main role in a movie, but playing a girl who gains the love of the whole audience before dying, and playing a nerdy soon- to - be musical theater lover, are two very different roles.

I turn to my new acquaintance. " Do you do musical theater, Gina?" I question. "Yea, I do. Playing Gabriella would be awesome." she says dreamily. "You've got the looks for it. Seriously your hair is flawless." Ashlyn tells her over my shoulder. I laugh quietly at her bluntness. "Gina, this is my best friend, Ashlyn. Ash, this is Gina, she just moved here." I introduce the two. The bell rings, interuppting our conversation. Everyone around us begins flooding out of the gym as I grab my backpack from underneath my feet. I turn to Gina before I leave, "So, I'll see you at auditions then?" She nods before smiling slightly. "Cool, see you later." I say before leaving with Ashlyn.