𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜: 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘

"Are you seriously not going to audition for Gabriella?! You'd be perfect for it!" Ashlyn pratically screams at me over the loud noises of the cafeteria. "I don't want a big role this year, I've got enough on my plate." I say as I notice Gina walking through the cafeteria. "Hey Gina!" I yell, trying to get her attention. Gina turns her head in our direction and smiles with what looks like relief. I wave her over as Ashlyn scoots over on the bench to make room for her. Gina sets her lunch tray down before sitting down. "How's your first week at East High going? I know our big school can be so overwhelming at times." I ask her. "It's been good, I'm used to having to figure out new schools. I've gotten really good at finding lockers." She finishes with a laugh. Ash and I laugh aswell. "Gina, I know you're new, but would you please help me convince Willow to audition for the musical." Ashlyn pleads. Gina raises her eyebrows in question. "You're not going to audition? Weren't you in that movie over the summer?". Now it was my turn to raise the eyebrows. "How did you know about that?" I ask her before side- eyeing Ashlyn, who returns the look with a confused one. "Oh, uh, is it not true? I'm sorry, I just heard the rumor going around school." Gina says innocently.

Willow: It's not that I'm not proud of it. I was just hoping to keep it under wraps until the musical is already casted. I don't want to be cast just because my step-dad paid my way into a role in a movie as a way for me to suddenly be fine with him worming his way into my family. I want to be cast because someone actually sees potential in me.

"Oh, no it's fine. I just wasn't expecting everyone to know this soon." I say, mentally cursing EJ for telling people about it, seeing as he's the only other person in school that knew. "So, uh, how was it? Being on a movie set?" Gina asks sheepishly. I smile at her softly. "It was amazing, and what all of those actors say is true, craft services is the best." Ashlyn laughs at my comment. "Why am I not surprised that the only thing you take away from that whole experience is the food part?" She jokes. "You know my love for food Ash, I simply cannot resist it." I say with a laugh. Ashlyn's eyes avert to the other side of the caferteria as her face contorts into a digusted look. I follow her gaze to a table where EJ and Nini are making out next to the rest of the water polo team. "If I never see that again, it'll be too soon." I hear Ashlyn say from her seat beside me. "Hey, Willow, you okay?" Gina asked, concerned as I snap out of my stare. I shake my head lightly, trying to get the image out of my head. "Yea, why?" She giggles. "You zoned out for a second." she explains. "Oh, sorry, it's just, uh, EJ's girlfriend is uh, she's really pretty. Wish I could pull off a leather jacket." I say, trying to cover up the lie with a laugh. I notice Ashlyn giving me a knowing look. Ashlyn has known about my feelings for EJ ever since our sleepover in eight grade when she forced it out of me with a game of truth or dare. I break her gaze as I see Ricky zip past our table, looking visibly hurt. It makes sense, I know he and Nini broke up over the summer, I know I wouldn't like it if I had to watch my ex being all lovey- dovey in the cafeteria.

『.』『.』『.』

I hear laughter come from the living room as I take my shoes off. I walk into the room and am met with the sight of Autumn and Brynn playing with her dolls. Brynn laughs again as Autumn dramatically impersonates the doll she's holding. She turns around when she hears my footsteps. "Hey Wills! How was your first day back?" she asks me as she gives Brynn the doll in her hand and follows me to the kitchen as Brynn continues to play. "It was good, the new drama teacher announced the fall musical. Funny enough it's High School Musical." Autumn raises her eyebrows in surprise. "Are you auditioning?" she asks me as I grab a water from the fridge. "Yeah, Ash wants me to go for Gabriella, but I don't know if I want to jump right back into the spotlight, you know? I might just sit this show out" I explain to her. "Plus, I'm pretty sure EJ is going for Troy and he's obviously going to get the part, because who else would...and his new girlfriend will probably be Gabriella." I continue. Autumn's eyebrows raise even higher. "He has a girlfriend now? Isn't that Ashlyn's hot cousin you've liked since sixth grade?" I blush at her comment. "I have not liked him for that long." I counter. She gives me a knowing look. "Okay maybe, but it doesn't matter now, he's no longer available."