prologue/introduction

+ Newt's POV +

I was different from everyone else in the maze. I remembered. I remembered one person. She had beautiful short black hair and mesmerizing hazel eyes and the cutest nose in the entire world. I didn't know why I remembered her. No one else remembered anyone or anything. Why could I remember her, whoever she was. I didn't know how I knew her. Was she my sister? Friend? Girlfriend? All I knew was that she was important. She was special somehow. Even though she wasn't with me, I felt connected to her. It was as if she was a ghost and I felt her presence. Maybe she was a ghost. A dead friend or someone.

It only took weeks for me to forget the girl. My memory of her was fading. I know longer rememered exactly what her face looked like. I was starting to forget her. And since it didn't seem like I was going to find out who she was anytime soon, I let my brain forget her. It was as if someone had given me one memory and then they decided to take it back again. After two months, I had completely forgetten about the girl. Little did I know that years later she would enter my life and help us escape the maze.

++++++++

Hey everyone! This is my first maze runner fan-fiction! I really hope you all enjoy it! I've changed quite a few things: there are boys AND girls in the maze, thomas and teresa are just normal gladers and i've not included 'the maze is a code' bit. Also, it's only a nine part fan-fic (quite short) so there isn't going to be loads and loads of cutsey romance stuff. There will be a little bit but more towards the end (chapters 6-10). Another thing, the whole story will be in the POV of the girl, I just decided to do a little introduction in Newt's POV as chapter 1 jumps straight into the girl's story and I wouldn't know what to write if I did the prologue in her POV.

This isn't really a normal fan-fic; it probably won't give you lot's of "feels" but I still hope you guys enjoy it as I've worked really hard on it. As I'm absolutely AWFUL at writing and updating on time, I've written THE WHOLE fan-fiction already and I'll post the chapters weekly instead of writing a chapter the posting it then writing a chapter and posting etc.
One more thing: when I made the cover my username was 'themazecure' but I've changed it to 'infiniteangelo' and I really can't be bothered to change the cover so yeah

+I do not own the maze runner characters or the plot of the maze runner. All ownership goes to the brilliant James Dashner+

Anyway, see you next week when I post the first chapter!!!!

- Izabel