Chapter 35 : Warmth

Don't be a silent reader, comment what you think ☺️

Spencer's POV

* One month later *

"You got everything?" Toby asks as I attempt to squish the remainder of my clothes into the tiny suitcase.

"I hope so." I reply finally zipping the suitcase up.

Me, Toby, Aria, Hanna, Ezra, Caleb and his girlfriend Miranda are going to Ezra's parents holiday house for winter break. It's located a few hours away from here so we are travelling by car.

Since my parents are working during the Christmas period, the girls decided they didn't want to leave me alone for Christmas. Ezra obviously wanted to stay with Aria. Miranda was coming which Hanna wasn't happy about whatsoever. And Toby refused to stay here with Noel alone considering there are still arguing over the fight.

I think this will be a great bonding experience for all of us. Plus I really need some time away from Upenn. The same routine every morning is driving me insane. A break is well needed.

"Make sure you have enough warm clothes because it'll be snowy there." He informs and I smile.

"Okay mum."

"Heyy. Just making sure my girlfriend doesn't go stealing all my clothes when the time comes." Toby states.

"You know that's going to happen either way." I say with a smirk.

"True, true."

My phone rings and I put it on speaker.

"Hi Spence, we are waiting outside for you guys. Are you able to stop making out with Toby and hurry up?" Hanna jokes and I hear Ezra chuckling loudly in the background.

Toby takes the phone from my hand.

"Alright. If you insist." He speaks and ends the call.

"Toby! Now they are going to think that we were making out." I shout and throw a pillow towards him.

"Well let's not lie to them then." He steps forward and leans down to kiss me.

I place my hand on his lips blocking us. "Later. We should get going. There's a long journey ahead of us."

"If you insist." Toby says placing his forehead against mine.

* A few hours later *

"Are we there yet?" Hanna asks for the millionth time.

Me, Hanna and Toby are in a car together and Miranda, Caleb, Aria and Ezra are in a different car. Hanna refused to sit in the same car as Miranda and so she came along with me and Toby.

"Hanna you have asked that so many times and the answer has always been no." I say laying my head against the window.

"It's not my fault this is taking so long." She replies with a sigh. 

A few minutes later, Toby speaks up. "Actually you will be glad to know Hanna we're here."

I look out the window and Toby's correct. He parks in the driveway of a huge wooden mansion.

There is snow covering everything and warm yellow lights illuminating the streets. Looking around there isn't a person in sight. Birds are flying around the forest surrounding us.

It is absolutely breathtaking.

"Wow." I speak exiting the car and properly taking a look at where we are.

I haven't seen anything as beautiful as this before.

"Oh my god." Aria breathes as she takes a step beside me. "This place is amazing."