Chapter 14 : Changed

Don't be a silent reader, comment what you think ☺️

Spencer's POV

* At a small restaurant *

I have just finished my last class of the day and decided to get some food for me and Toby. It'll save us having to get some afterwards and we do have a microwave in our dorm so we can just heat it up whenever.

That's one of the things I love about Upenn. There are so many shops, restaurants and cafes around the area so there is never really nothing to do. It makes it so much easier for students to get meals and not have to travel far. Especially those who stay on campus like me.

Whilst waiting for my food, I decide to call Adam since I haven't spoken to him all day. He has messaged me a couple of times but I was in class so I couldn't reply.   To be completely honest I don't want to tell him about the party but I feel obligated to.

"Hey how was your day?" Adam asks after answering the call.

"Yeah good thank you" I say smiling into the phone.

I know this is so cliche but I literally can never stop smiling whenever I hear his voice. He brings out the best of me. My life wouldn't be the same without him in it. And I shouldn't have to imagine myself without him being at my side.

I have suffered with depression and anxiety almost all my life. Being put under the pressure of having to be perfect for my parents was putting insane pressure on my shoulders. But with Adam I feel like a whole different person.

Not to mention I feel like the world stops whenever I'm around him. It's like no one else matters but me and him. He's the first guy I have dated that I can actually imagine a future with.

Just then I stop for a moment. There's no way. It's too soon. It can't be. I'm falling in love with the boy.

His voice brings me back into reality.

"That's good. I miss you" he says into the phone.

"I miss you too" I reply. "Adam I was wondering, how do you feel about going to a pool party this Saturday?".

"Sure. I wouldn't miss a chance to see you in a bikini" he states and I feel my cheeks heating up.

At first Adam seems like a shy and enclosed boy but he's not like that with me. We both are the best versions of ourselves around each other. I can speak to him about anything and he's comfortable doing the same.

A thought strikes me at that moment. I completely forgot I'd have to wear a bikini in front of a bunch of strangers. The fact that freaks me out is that most of them are just horny college students. This is going to go great I think to myself sarcastically.

I have never once in my life been confident about my body. As a youngster I was called anorexic and skinny and since then those are the only words that come to mind when I look into the mirror. Those words have been pierced into my skin and I can't remove them no matter how hard I try.

I don't have perfect curves like every other girl. I don't have an hourglass body or gorgeous tanned skin. No wonder my parents think so little of me. I'm ugly and a disappointment to them and everyone around me.

"Okay I'll message you the details" I say before telling him I have to go now.

By then me and Toby's food is ready and I begin making my way to the dorm.

* At the dorm *

After a long walk I finally make it to the dorm. I assume Toby is already inside so I don't waste my time in getting my keys out. I knock a few times and he opens the door.