Chapter 5

Wind whipped at my face as we drove through the picturesque road in a convertible. Ethan was driving effortlessly with one hand while resting the other one on the door. A white shirt and sunglasses is exactly what he needed for him to look like the poster-boy for this car. He was an attractive man and I couldn't deny it. My blue sundress was no match for him.

Ever since we landed in Hawaii he hadn't said much as usual. Except he asked about my foot twice, which was completely fine now. The swelling and pain had considerably reduced. I could finally enjoy my so called honeymoon.

I loved beaches and tropical islands, New York wasn't a place where you could enjoy the beaches.Mom and Dad used to take us on vacations almost every year before we went off to college.Even though mom hated the sun and preferred hill stations she never left a stone unturned to to have fun together at all the vacation spots. She was the one who taught me swimming and overcome my fear of water. I remember the one time we went snorkelling. The memory hit me like a truck on the sight of the sparkling ocean.

"Sky, don't worry, we've worked hard to overcome your fear I'm sure you'll enjoy snorkelling with your brother." Mom said while reading a magazine, lounging on the beach.

"But mom what if I drown or worse what if a shark comes by?"I whined like a toddler to get out of this.

"Then I gotta pray for the shark," Asher remarked sassily, "Don't be silly Skylar sharks don't come this near to the shore and in case you drown, you'll have to swim and just in case if you don't come up in 3 minutes I'll look for you." 

"Fine." I stormed off to change and heard mom and Asher snickering.

It was one of those times when despite being so apprehensive I enjoyed snorkelling.It was a core memory of me overcoming my fear of the water. That had eventually led me to go scuba diving--something I looked forward to here as well. Guess I had mom and Asher to thank for introducing me to the ocean.

Ethan stopped the car smoothly as we entered a big resort, bell boys came and wordlessly got our luggage. A guy, same as Ethan's age came and hugged him. Ethan patted on his back , "Finally after 3 years you decided to take some time off work." He said in a joking manner, Ethan gave him a smile, a gorgeous smile. Wow this was the first time I've seen him smiling and wonder why he deprived me of that.

"Oh come on James," he laughed and pat James' back, "Where is Samantha?" he asked. Samantha? But before my question was answered James gave me a side hug,"You must be Skylar, Ethan's wife." Wife. Wow that was weird. I smiled and nodded at him. "Liam told me all about you, sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding. I couldn't leave the resort in such a busy season." 

"It's all good. Nice to meet you James," I said with a pleased expression.

Before any of us could proceed further with the conversation, a woman's squeal was heard as she materialised out from the back,

"Oh my gosh I cannot believe they're finally here!" She was sporting a pair of jean cut offs with a tank top and jumped up to hug Ethan.

Ethan pressed his ear mockingly before hugging her back and then finally letting go, "I am so sorry, I just got so excited," She turned towards me, "Hi I am Samantha and please call me Sam and you must be Skylar!" She pulled me in for a hug, "I see you've already met my husband." 

I nod, "Hi Sam, please call me Sky. It's nice to meet you too."

"Wow I still can't believe Ethan is married to someone so sweet," Ethan gave her an annoying look and both James and Ethan headed towards the reception. Sam grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the mini bar in the lounge.She ordered house special sangria for the both of us, the drinks were followed by wedding details which she was visibly unhappy for not attending. There was just one question that I wished she wouldn't ask and till now she hadn't.