Chapter 19

Dear Diary

Blissful. This is what I'd describe the past week like.Everything seems to fall into place now. Ethan and I are sharing a great rapport. He and I working together on the biggest project is like cake walk. We have fallen into a rhythm.

Days are great but nights are greater. Ethan is someone with whom I've been physically and emotionally comfortable with in a long time. He shared everything from his heart and how badly he wanted to open his own firm.

I want to convert this dream into a reality for him. I want to tell him that it is still possible to have one's own identity despite working in corporate. Tomorrow I'll tell him that after we're done with this project we should take up the smaller things he cares about.Like building a coffee shop or a school.

This side of Ethan is something I've never seen before and I love it. He's someone in my life that I didn't even know I needed.

S.

"Ready for dinner, baby?" I shut the diary close and shoved it into the drawer.

I turned around and saw Ethan leaning against the doorframe, looking delicious as ever, "It depends. Did you cook?" I said as I sauntered up to him and kissed him.

"Yeah, duh." He said as held my waist tighter against him.

"Oh, that sounds delicious. Maybe I'll eat everything." I looked up suggestively.

His breath hitched as he leaned in closer. I pushed myself away and ran downstairs."I was serious, I'm really hungry." I called back as I ran away laughing.

We had dinner, thankfully without any distractions and discussed about the project. Ethan was so happy and excited like a child, I wonder what his reaction will be when I tell him to start a new branch for the smaller projects.

We were currently in his room. This is where I practically lived now. Ethan had asked me multiple times to shift my stuff in here. But I'm a big procrastinator.He was going through the blueprints when I started leaving sweet spots on his neck.

"Sky, stop." He said half-heartedly as he was smiling down at the plans.

"Look me in the eye and tell me that." I teased him.

He looked up ,"Sky-" But instead he started kissing me even harder. "God, woman." He sighed as he lifted me up, I giggled and wrapped my legs around him.We fell on to the bed,

I pulled over my shirt to reveal the lacy black lingerie. His breath hitched."Skylar Carter, you'll be the death of me." He said before burying his face in my neck. 

"Oh real-" We were interrupted by a knock.

Ethan opened the door. "Madeline, what is it?"

"Sir, Mr. Asher is here, he wished to talk to the both of you."

Asher? What is he doing here?

Ethan closed the door and slumped his shoulders as he came towards me."Your brother is literally cock-blocking us." He groaned as he put on his shirt.

"Shut up, it must be important." I put my clothes back on.

Ethan went down first and I followed him.

"Asher? What's the matter?" Ethan asked him.

"Mr. Burke has set up a meeting tomorrow at 8:00 am. He personally called me. I was in the neighbourhood so I thought I'd drop by and discuss about it."

"Oh yeah, sure." I said as I led him into the home office.

We discussed and decided to meet directly in the conference room tomorrow and Asher left soon after.