Chapter 10

Dear Diary

The merger party was a day before yesterday. It was a grand event and we had a ton of fun . I got to know that Asher and Ava are dating. After mom, Asher had completely thrown himself into work. It's good that he is finally focusing on his personal life, I am really happy for them.

At the party, I had a mild anxiety attack right before giving my speech, something that happened to me years ago. I went to Dr. Martin yesterday and she helped me sort through all this. She said that everything that I had refused to share previously is coming to the surface due to all these changes around me. I couldn't tell her everything about the marriage ,of course ,but she essentially told me that something is lacking and I know what it is, I'm just not ready to admit it to myself.

This incident also brought out a side of Ethan ,I had never seen before. He actually helped me through it and calmed me down. I think he cared because he also sent Ava for me! But I cannot let all of this go to my head, he said that he did all this to save the company's reputation.

Being a fool, I had pushed him away.

I wonder what mom would've said to me. She came in my dream last night , with that angelic smiling face of hers. But what she said was very vague and confusing , "I'm so happy you've found it , I hope you realise it soon as well."

S.

I shoved my journal in the lowermost drawer and decided to go for breakfast. It's weird , I've never written this consistently in the journal but something in me is compelling me to do so. Since Madeline was on a leave it was our own responsibility to get breakfast. I walked downstairs and decided I would grab some from the nearby IHOP. I decided to take my car with me to drop it off for servicing since the house was nearby I'll just walk back.

Back from my walk, I still didn't see Ethan around. Nothing unusual, I barely saw him around.

 I went to the kitchen and before I could decide something else , I saw a shirtless Ethan ready to whip up breakfast with all the ingredients on the counter. His hair was messy screaming that 'I just got out of bed' look , but I knew he worked out every morning. He smelled fresh like he just showered and his sweatpants were hanging loose on his waist, making his 'V' line very visible. He looked at me with his deep eyes and an annoying smirk but before I could let my thoughts run wild and embarrass myself any further, I cleared my throat and muttered out a "Good morning".

He nodded at me, again with that annoying smirk.

"You don't need to make breakfast, I went out and got some pancakes for the both of us. And please put on a shirt at least try to be decent."

"Alright then, I'll make the coffee. Would you like some?" He offered while searching for the pot and ignoring my remark for the shirt.

"Sure." I said as I handed him the pot, which was right beside me.

We had the breakfast in an amiable silence with him reading the newspaper and me staring at the tv. He did put a shirt on after making a stupid comment along the lines of being 'irresistible'. But what made this boring breakfast special was that we were having it together for the first time.As husband and wife.

It was Sunday so we didn't have to go to work. Ava was busy with work and Em was still in London, she'll fly back for Aunt's birthday on Friday. I didn't want to disturb Liam and Zach on such a beautiful day so I decided to spend the day in here. At our house.

After we were done, I cleared the dishes and Ethan washed them-- surprisingly domestic of him.

I decided to go in the library and explore. It was filled with early editions of all the classics and of course I found my favourite book in there, Wuthering Heights. Despite being tragic, it was my comfort book and I loved to read it time and again.With that in hand, I further discovered new titles and came across some of the new books that I had been dying to read but never got to.