Chapter 20 - Falling for him

„Wow, that was easy." he said and grinned.

„I just want to sleep and I know you won't stop bugging me about it, because you're used to getting everything that you want. I guess being the Maknae of the group spoiled you." I mumbled and fought to keep my eyes open.

„I'm not spoiled. I'm just very persuasive." he responded with a cocky smirk.

I shook my head at him and thought about a lullaby that I could sing for him. The only one that came to my mind was the one my mother had sung to me and Eunjoo when we were little. I didn't remember all of the lyrics but I still tried.

He looked at me with anticipation, but as soon as I started to sing the first verse his nose crinkled and his eyebrows shot up in shock. I smiled slightly as I sang completely off key. My awful singing probably hurt his ears, but he didn't say anything the entire time and even tried to give me an encouraging smile but it turned out as a grimace.

As he shifted uncomfortable in his position and tried to cover one of his ears by laying on it, I couldn't hold back my laughter. I stopped singing.

„Hey, why did you stop? I was about to fall asleep." he protested and I laughed hysterically.

„You don't have to pretend as if my singing is not the worst in the world."

I was still laughing.

„Well you'll definitely never be a singer." he admitted and I snorted slightly while I laughed so hard, that my stomach began to hurt from it.

He smiled at me with amused eyes.

„I think it's better, if you sing something for me and not the other way around, if you don't want your ears bleeding." I suggested and snuggled into my blanket.

„Are you cold?" Jungkook asked me.

„Yeah a little bit."

„Come here."

He opened his arms for me, while he was laying on his back next to me on the couch. I bit the inside of my cheek and contemplated on whether I should take his invite to cuddle or not. In the end I decided to take it, because I was so cold.

He hummed satisfied as his arms wrapped tightly around me and I rested one side of my face on his chest, while laying on my stomach. I was able to hear his heartbeat that way and I felt my eyelids getting extremely heavy at the soothing and rhythmic sound. The smell of his cologne surrounded me.

What was I doing?

I was basically laying half naked on top of Jungkook but I didn't give a damn, because I was so tired and it felt so good to cuddle with somebody after I hadn't felt this kind of physical touch for so long.

He began to gently brush his hand over my hair and I let out a pleased sigh, because it felt so good. The butterflies erupted in my stomach, while I felt the radiating heat from his body underneath me. It warmed me up from the inside out. I never wanted to move from this position.

And as I turned my head to look up at him and saw him staring down at me with heavy lidded eyes and a sleepy smile on his face, I realized it.

I realized, that I was falling for him.

I gulped as he licked his lips and stared at me with burning dark eyes. He opened his mouth and began to sing the same lullaby as me. I died a thousand deaths, as his angelic soft voice filled the room and poured over me like honey. Not even able to think straight, I laid there, mesmerized by his vocals. I had never heard him sing like this before. It sounded so raw and beautiful.