Chapter 33 - Give me a chance

"Aera, please talk to me

"Aera, please talk to me." Jungkook pleaded.

His hands were cupping my face as he eagerly tried to brush the tears away with his thumbs, that were continuously streaming down my cheeks. I was ashamed of myself that I was letting my guard down again and cried in front of him as if my panic attack in the elevator hadn't been enough.

No words came out as I wanted to tell him what was wrong and then I began to shiver because they cool night breeze grazed my bare legs and shoulders and I couldn't handle how he held my face ever so gently.

"We should go back inside. You're shivering." He noticed and began to rub my shoulders, an attempt to keep me warm.

"N-no, I don't want to go back." I stuttered slightly.

He searched for something in my eyes and then began to slowly nod his head.

"Okay, come on. Text Yeona that you didn't feel well and that I'm taking you home."

He helped me to stand up, never letting go of me and guided me to his car, that was parked in the back with his hand on my upper back. I knew that I could no longer run from him and from my feelings. Jungkook opened the car door for me and even put the seatbelt on to secure me before he got in the Mercedes himself. A single last tear fell down into my lap before they were all dried up.

"We can't go to my apartment. The paparazzi found out were I live. They are probably there right now." I told him quietly, as he backed out of the parking spot.

He chewed on his bottom lip, as he looked at me and thought about it for a second.

"We could go to my place. It's the safest." he suggested, "Is that okay?"

"Yes."

I nodded my head, agreeing and he smiled for a split second before his expression went blank again and he concentrated on driving. The whole drive I looked out of the window and tried to calm myself down while he harshly gripped the steering wheel and was also lost in his own thoughts. From time to time he would glance at me as if he couldn't believe that I was sitting next to him in his car.

I texted Yeona where I was and asked her to take care of my purse, that I had left behind and to look after the guests. Abandoning my own birthday party made me feel awful but I just couldn't help it. Jungkook and I needed to talk and I didn't want to do that while all the other people were around. Hopefully they could understand that.

I grew confused as he drove to another part of the city, opposite from where their apartment complex was located.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"To my apartment." He answered but I shook my head.

"But this is the wrong side of the city."

A grin appeared on his face as he realized what I was talking about.

"That's the BigHit Apartment complex you're talking about not our own apartments. We only sleep there during the week, because it's easier for work." He explained and I remembered that someone had already told me that a while ago.