Part 17. APPROVAL

Noah and I nodded when Allen said he wanted to tell us something.

He told us "Caro! You told me to think about myself for once right? I gave it a thought and I want to stay here in New York. I was only going to Harvard just for my father's happiness but my happiness is here. If I go I will always be worried about Ollie and now I have you too. My parents don't like Ollie, they hate him for being gay. If I leave, I can lose Ollie just like my uncle. I applied to New York Business school before I applied for Harvard. I had planned to stay but for my father I was leaving. When we talked that day I realized what I really wanted."

I looked at him in shook and ask me "You really are staying?"

He nodded and said "That day after you left, Ollie came and sat beside me. He had heard our conversation and asked me why I changed my decision last moment when I applied for New York Business School. He said that I should be selfish sometimes like you said and think about myself before dad's. I gave both your suggestion some thought and decided to stay, like I had always wanted."

I asked him "What happened to your uncle Allen and why do your parents object him being gay so much, when it is completely legal?"

Allen told us his story "My uncle was gay too, my grandparents and his brother that is my dad did not support him and he committed suicide. They did not let him marry the boy he loved and locked him in his room. I was 7 years old then, I clearly remember everything that happened. Two days later he committed suicide. Ollie was five and does not remember what happened and I am happy that way. I was too small and could not protect my uncle but I will not let Ollie be treated the same way."

Noah hugged him and said "I am sorry about what happened to your uncle, but I guess my sister could never have found better man then you. I approve you two, even if you decide to go to Harvard, I will approve you. If you are staying here for Ollie don't worry Caro and I will take care of him. Ollie, Caro and I just want you to be happy."

Allen laughed and said "I am happy here, with my best buddy Noah, my little brother Ollie and my beautiful girlfriend Caro. I want to stay here with you all so don't worry I am not giving up on my happiness and I know you and Caro will always be there with Ollie and I need not worry about him anymore."

Noah called it a night after that, leaving both of us alone.

I hugged Allen and he hugged me back then asked me "You okay? When he touched you did you get your panic attack back? Did the flashback appear?"

I shook my head and said "It appeared when he tried to force the kiss but when you hit him I felt safe. I was actually happy and calm when Avery and Grace hugged me. I guess you were right, I need to start trusting people and open up."

He nodded and said "Caro! I have something else to tell you. I talked to my dad about not going to Harvard, but he was beyond pissed. When I did not change my decision after him trying to talk me into changing it, he made me an offer. He said I should give Harvard a try, if after six months I am still not able to adjust there, I can come back and my seat in New York Business School will be kept reserved for me. So I will be gone for six months."

I hugged him and said "Allen I was ready to wait for five years, six months will pass before we know it. But promise me one thing, if you actually like it there you will complete your studies from there and not come back. You will only be back during holidays and if you don't have holidays I will come during my holidays."

He said "Promise! But only if I like and if I come back you can't question my decision."

I agreed and tip toed towards him and with my new found courage kissed him.