06 ﹕ one specific group

chapter o6 ─── one specific group
you're taking their side?

“Oh God...” Genesis mumbled in absolute disbelief, no one uttering a word as Amos deposited the body on the ground, by Mr. Crouch's feet. The witches and wizards around them were in silent shock, looking at Mr. Crouch for answered but he was frozen as well, not expecting his own elf to be the one that Amos said to be caught. His eyes were bouncing with fierce ablaze, face as pale as those Muggle paper as his eyes transfixed on the house-elf laying on his feet.

When he did came back to his senses, he sputtered in his sentences, unable to fully comprehend what happened. “This─ cannot─ be...” Was all he could utter out in a jerky manner, making his way where Amos had previously gone to. “No─”

“No point, Mr. Crouch.” Amos said to the man, calling after him but Mr. Crouch still continued. “There's no one else there.”

His words went to Mr. Crouch's ear to the other, ignoring what he said as he continue on searching for something─ anything at all. Genesis and the others can hear the leaves rustling loudly, twigs snapping, moving around as he pushed the bushes aside.

“Bit embarrassing.” Genesis tore her eyes away from a pale Mr. Crouch to Amos, who said those words grimly. “Barty Crouch's elf... I meant to say...” He trailed off and Arthur turned to Amos as well.

“Come of it, Amos,” Said Arthur, Genesis gulping at the tense atmosphere as she felt a hand intertwine with hers. Glancing at Hermione, the brunette gave the noirette a smile which Genesis reciprocated quite gratefully. But they returned their attention to Arthur who looked at Mos as if the man was secretly The Dark Lord himself. “you don't seriously think it was the elf? The Dark Mark's a wizard's sign. It requires a wand.”

Amos glanced at the ginger haired man, stating the obvious but still shook his head. “Yeah,” He agreed with that. “and she had a wand.”

“What?” Arthur breathed out in shock, not expected a house-elf to even have a wand.

Genesis wanted to tune and block out the conversation since she isn't exactly comfortable with the hoise-elves. She doesn't know why, but ever since she met one when she was a little child, she would always hide behind Minerva's back as the elves hissed and glared at her for no reason. Since then, she made every effort to not encounter one, but it was futile since she would have to go to the kitchens to bake her muffins. With Minerva, of course. The woman being Deputy Headmistress is truly a blessing for the noirette, which meant that Genesis doesn't have elves talking bad behind her back.

“Here, look.” Genesis snapped back in reality, watching as Amos showed Arthur the wand Winky held. “Had it in her hand. So that's clause three of the Code of Wand Use broken, for a start. No non-human creature is permitted to carry or use a wand.” Amos explained but before it could go any further, a pop rippled through the tense clearing, Ludo Bagman appearing rather disoriented from whatever he had seen or experienced.

His head whipped upwards to the green skull spread across the vastly dark sky, sickening pride that made Genesis want to hurl.

“The Dark Mark!” Yelled Ludo, panting as if he ran for days to no end, nearly trampling on Winky as he faced his colleagues. “Who did it? Did you get them?! Barty! What's going on?!” Ludo, still disoriented, asked the man who joined the group empty-handed, face ghostly white as earlier. His hands and toothbrush moustache twitching.