Assassin's distrust.

((Long time no see, right? Have fun, I finally updated this story with the return of Arturia))

-

Standing in front of a long staircase which led deeper into the mountain, Arturia silently observed the peak, admiring the structure of stone and wood that formed the arch at the entrance to the sacred place, Ryuudou temple.

Her hair and dress were swept gently by the wind as the woman coldly looked at her destination. Something or someone was watching her. It was a wary and untraceable presence to the naked eye. But she knew, it was there. Waiting for her to venture recklessly into its territory.

The woman closed her eyes and concentrated on her surroundings, trying to detect the entity who was observing her. Her body protested under her efforts, but she paid them no heed. The journey that had brought her here had been particularly exhausting. Her weak body had been pushed to the limit and now she felt that she could not hold on for long. It wouldn't take long before she collapsed.

She did not have to wait as her mysterious observer quickly made themselves known the moment she stepped on the stairway. The woman stopped abruptly. Blinking once before her gaze fell on the figure who had come to greet her.

At the very end of the stairs stood a man. Despite his height, he appeared to be of Asian descent. His indigo, long hair was tied into a ponytail and he wore a traditional light-purple umanori hakama and matching kimono. He carried a katana with him, which was peacefully resting on his shoulder. His piercing gaze was fixated on her, regarding her with distrust. Despite the hostility, the man smiled, as if mocking her. He was clearly not planning to act friendly. Moreover, he had already drawn his sword, hadn't he?

No words were exchanged as the two surveyed each other, analysing and predicting eachother's move. However neither of them were planning to make the first strike. Hence time passed as the two servants faced off in a staring contest.

The only sign the woman could detect, was the trembling of her arms while she was fighting the fatigue that had overtaken her.

She cursed her body. The man squinted his eyes slightly in response.

There was no need for her to appear strong anymore, yet she still decided to act bold.

The King of Knights continued to walk, taking a few steps forward and surprising the Samurai for a moment with her sudden action. He stopped her dead in her tracks when he pointed his katana in her direction. A frown crept on his face as he was unable to discover the woman's intentions.

She couldn't help but smile at the long-awaited reaction. "You are Assassin, are you not?"

There was no doubt of the man's identity. The only servant who had not yet revealed himself during the war was Assassin. Arturia had not imagined that a Heroic Spirit of the Assassin class could possess such a noble appearance. She remembered the previous war and the army of assassins that she and the other two kings had faced; they were discreet, mysterious and could easily blend into the shadows, unlike the man before her.

The man raised an eyebrow and squinted.

"That is correct." He paused before continuing, "My name is Sasaki Kojiro. "

The black knight frowned, she did not expect the servant to reveal his name so easily. Curiosity piquet as she eyed the man.

"How surprising, did you just introduce yourself?"

"Is it not normal for a warrior to introduce himself before a fight? Even if you are clearly not in a state to do battle... "

Of course, he had noticed. Despite the dark aura she gave of, it could not camouflage her lack of mana. The trembling in her limbs were a clear give away. He could easily attack her and take her down with one blow.