Ocean

Who was she ?

The surprised but mostly incredulous looks were focused on her, drawn to her presence and unusual attire she was admirably sporting. Curiosity, worry and especially dread were experienced by everyone she came across. All stood clear of her path, surrounded as she was by a wicked aura. 

A goth ?

A lady on her left, keeping her child close to her, watched her carefully. She didn't know what to feel about this little blonde woman clad in black. She wasn't hostile by any means, however she knew she had to be wary of her. Furthermore, she couldn't help but find her both graceful and attractive. The mother soon took her child by the hand to step up the pace.

A cosplayer ?

But what was most unsettling for them were her golden eyes. Her irises without a semblance of life. When one of them caught her gaze, they looked away, trying to get out of her sight as quickly as possible. Still, she wasn't interested in them...they were non-existent.

Was she even human?

A simple cat, basking lazily in the sun, suddenly raised its head up, its irises narrowing when it caught sight of her. Getting up with a start, it hissed and growled in her direction, its fur raised on its back, before swiftly fleeing away as to get as far as possible from her.

Yet still, she gave them no mind. 

-

Arturia kept on walking. Her steps echoed in the streets as if she was in a vast empty room, alone in a dark space.

She avoided the crowded places, calmly progressing forward, following a red line she alone could see. Moreover, she wasn't really aware of what was around her, like she was confined in a soundproof bubble.

The working of her thoughts was chaotic. Multiple things crossed her mind; tonight's events, Gilgamesh's revelations, the faces of Rin and Shirou before disappearing, the time spent in the mud, her resolve sheltered in her heart... But mostly memories appearing like flashes like she was struck by a whip. Informations imprinted in her with red hot iron, puzzling wounds of unknown origin, a pain still sharp. It was giving her a headache.

Infinite and sterile landscapes.

A desert?

Lifeless and ruined cities.

The aftermath of a war?

Battles for survival.

Famine?

The sun scorching the earth and the flesh, hunger, thirst... Death

Extinction...

Visions of horror that weren't disturbing to her in the slightest, but she knew they were dangerous. Informations she didn't know the meaning of yet and what to do with them. A dream? A vision? Another reality? Something the Grail offered to her before her awakening.

Her thoughts were troubled. It was neither impossible to analyze her situation in her current state, nor decide what she would do. She had to wait for the flow of her mind to ease up... 

Her face was still perfectly inexpressive despite her terrible headache as she simply kept on walking in silence. She still hadn't said a single word. All of a sudden, she realized she arrived at a crossroad she knew.

Two paths stood before her. One could lead her to the school of her old master and the unexplored corners of Fuyuki...the other led to Emya's estate she was forced to leave last night.