-- == 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤 == --

▶ ❀     "Oh well that's unfortunate. What are your friends like Remus?" Allerick questioned, the boy in question internally panicking. The lycanthrope never answered the question being pulled backwards into by 2 sets of arms. "Moony!" Some voices squealed, and instantly he knew who they were and gently escaped their grasps. "James, Sirius, what took you so long?" The Lupin boy questioned, glancing over to some very tired look Potter parents. "The boys decided to prank us." Euphemia Potter mentioned, giving a playfully disapproving stare to the boys under her care. "Ah yes, I've heard of your pranks from my daughter's point of view. You've got quite the handful there Remus," Delores teased, nudging her daughter gently who flushed in embarrassment.

     "Daughter? Oh, hello Indigo! Happen to see Lily yet?" James asked and cheeky grin on his face, as he leaned against her shoulder much to her discomfort. Indigo gently pushed him away shaking her head, "Haven't seen her yet, she's probably aboard the train James." She responded, stepping away from him as he gave her a bright smile that most girls, in any year, would be falling for. "So wise, no wonder you're in Ravenclaw," he chirped looking towards Sirius Black, someone who Indigo knew quite well actually, as he nodded. "It's more of a logical assumption James. But, thank you I suppose." The brunette murmured, the parents trying not to laugh at James' dull nature and Indigo's uncomfortableness. "James, leave the poor girl! Stop bugging her about Lily, clearly she's uncomfortable," his mother, Euphemia Potter, scolded him. Indigo smiled, looking at her parents, who already looked at her with knowing smiles.

      "I'm going to get on the train, I'll see you boys around." Indigo bid goodbye, the group of many people scaring her slightly. The Huntington girl never experienced anxiety or panic attacks, social situations were just. . .not her cup of tea. Indigo preferred her solitude it was quiet, and she never had to worry about hurting someone's feelings with her bluntness and lack of emotional vulnerability. And, she considered herself lucky for finding an empty compartment. Hauling her trunk onto one of the shelves, along with her cat carrier, she sat close to the window with a copy of Carrie by Steven King, a muggle author who wrote scary stories she found quite intriguing. 

      Indigo zoned out while reading, the words becoming thin blurs of black on yellowing paper. She thought about her conversation earlier, how she lacked comfort in it besides her parents. Never in her life had she understood why she ran from big conversations, it's not like she lacked social skills or confidence, confidence was not something she lacked thanks to the Huntington's. But, that conversation made her wildly uncomfortable, possibly because the topic was her, or maybe it was James Potter, the boy always bugging her about Lily Evans. She wouldn't be uncomfortable though, Lily was her best friend, aside from Xenophilius Lovegood and his amazing girlfriend Pandora. Perhaps even Regulus Black had a special place in her heart where friends resided. Most of her conversation skills came from them, which she never appreciated more, at first she spoke like she was reading off flash cards.

      And, don't get her started on emotions, those things were something she couldn't understand for the life of her. Sure, she HAS them, everyone does. 

     It just comes down to whether people show them or not. And Indigo, was not one to do so.

------------------------------------

      Remus stared at the spot that once hosted Indigo Huntington, a small frown evident on his face. "Oh fret not boys, Indigo's just not that much of a conversationalist. Sweet girl she is but, it's hard for her to feel comfortable around new faces." Delores apologized, she knew lots of reasons behind Indigo's actions, whether the young girl knew them herself or not. "I understand where she's coming from Mrs. Huntington. But, as she has, it's probably best we're on our way," Remus smiled kindly grabbing his trunk, as did Sirius Black and James Potter, the latter having a guilty face present. "Have a wonderful school year boys." Allerick Huntington wished, before the couple apparated out of the station, most likely to their car. The three marauders bid goodbye to their parents before ascending onto the train, and looking for their fourth member, who hopefully managed to snag a compartment.

      "You don't think I scared her do you? I don't reckon Lily would be happy with me, if I did." James fretted, the three boys, and their fourth Peter, sat in a compartment all to themselves. "Don't worry Prongs, I'm sure Indigo's fine. She's a tough one that girl, grown up a little to fast. Not that I mind though." Sirius spoke, remembering the young girl Indigo once was when he had first met her. They were 7, and at the time Indigo still her her biological parents as her guardians, not the Huntington's. Sirius liked the brunette's biological parents, although now as a teenager he despised them, one for being loyal to him, and two for being friends with his parents. He wondered how she was doing since the moment her parents up and left, he reckoned not well.

     He felt bad leaving her in the dust. Not being there when she needed him, Merlin, Regulus was there for her more than he was. But, for him it was easier to keep running from his parents than go back to the things that remind him of them.

     "You make it sound like you know her well, Padfoot." Peter stated, giving the raven haired boy a squint of question, James wiggled his eyebrows at Sirius jokingly, while Remus had a blank face. Quite frankly he wasn't sure how he was supposed to feel; happy that Sirius had good friends before them, angry that Sirius was possibly going to treat Indigo as a sex toy, or jealous that he had gotten to befriend her before he did. "I did, when we were 7. Then, things happened. . .and we lost our connection." He admitted, and Remus took back any previous emotions he had, and traded them for a frown.

     "Would you lot mind, if I sat with you?"

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! Chapter 2 is officially out! I have lots planned for this book, and I'm so excited to be writing it! Have a wonderful day!

- Heroic