Chapter 7

Ethan's POV

Devious Samantha had tricked me again.

But this time, I was thankful

In front of me, Skylar stood in a black bikini. The shirt that she sported over it, didn't hide anything underneath. Those perfect curves and her beautiful body had made me hot all over. I was behaving like a teenage boy.

Then again, Skylar looked like one of those models from a magazine. I couldn't help it.

Get your head straight, Ethan.

This marriage is nothing but a deal, just a business deal.Something I was forced into, just like the business.I couldn't allow feelings to get involved in this and make it more complicated than it already is.

 I didn't consider myself a man to settle down but I had no wish to get in yet another fight with Dad. I don't want to be responsible for mom's unhappiness, it's not like I had someone else in my life either. I  agreed to marry her,  just for the company's sake and this marriage will never be anything more than that.

 I cleared my throat and looked straight ahead at all the couples doing their activities. I thought I could spend my last day peacefully and here I am. 

Looking at Skylar I could tell she was also tricked into it as she stood there with a loss of words.I had the uncontrollable urge to hold her close and not let anyone else see her. Keep her to myself, admire her all by myself.

"Now if both of you are done ogling each other, we should go ahead and get up in there." Sam chirped with a confident smirk.

Skylar blushed and I instantly looked away. She blushed a lot, I don't know if she realised that. It was cute though.

"Sam, what is this? You said that we were gonna do something fun together, you didn't mention anything about couple's retreat!"Skylar said in a hurried whisper.

"We are gonna have fun," Sam takes a dramatic pause, "but as couples!".
"Now what are we waiting for, let's get to the drink shack." and she ran off to James.

Skylar was staring at me I could feel it, as if waiting to see what I would do next. I simply looked at her. She looked around once, bit her lip and together we went to the same place Samantha ran off to.

Upon reaching there , we were told to make  our favourite drinks for each other and we weren't allowed to look. I simply went on ahead and made a scotch on the rocks because nothing beats a finely aged scotch whiskey. It was time to exchange our drinks and to my surprise Skylar made the exact same thing.Scotch on the rocks.

I looked at her and saw her sipping the liquid calmly.Well, I never would've pegged her as a woman who liked scotch then again I don't really know her at all. Not that I wanted to.

After an hour or so Sam's energy finally died down and we sat on the loungers.

"You guys should go on ahead and enjoy the scuba diving, this is their last shift." James suggested.

Before I could refuse, Skylar's eyes lit up and she breathed out "Yes,". She looked like a child whenever she got excited, just like that day at the cliff.

She looked at Sam and asked "Why don't you guys join us?"

Great, at least ask your own husband first.

Samantha and James shared a look and smiled at each other. What's with them?

"Well , we can't go because..." James started "We are Pregnant!" Samantha finished excitedly.

Oh, wow.

"Oh my god congratulations!"Skylar was surprised and hugged Sam tightly.I guess they've grown closer in the few days they've known each other.