Zen'in! Little Sister! Reader - Part 1

Dressed in her (f/c) kimono, little 5 year old y/n held her mother's hand who was 3 step behind the self proclaimed "clan leader" Naoya Zen'in.

Y/n was loved by the rest of the Zen'in for being respectful and following rules, but when she wants to see her big sisters, she was not allowed outside the household as punishment. She stays that way until she realizes she will never see them.

"Is she dead? That girl Mai."

Eh? Dead? My Big Sister?

Mama responded saying "Worry about the head of the clan right now. Besides the one dying is Maki."

Maki? There's no way! It can't be true! Mama! Tells me that's a lie!

Y/n's grip on her mother's hand tightened, letting her know that her daughter was worried. But she did not care about her feelings for Maki.

"Really? Whatever then. Maki may be pretty, but she's unacceptable. She doesn't know how to support a man. Any woman who can't walk three steps behind a man should get stabbed in the back and die. Except my adorable little y/n!"

Y/n's mother stayed quiet while Naoya squished y/n's cheek, causing little y/n to giggle. But deep down, she hides the worrisome face for her big sister, Maki, unable to see her if she is in fact dying.

"In that respect, Mai is great. She's got the same face as Maki and is just as buxom. Though she act's tough, she knows she's a woman."

While y/n and the mother kneeled beside the door, Naoya entered the room where Ogi and Jinchi were placed for a meeting. But before fully entering the room, Naoya extended his hand out, indicating for y/n to go in with him.

Y/n looked at her mother, as if asking for permission, which she was granted, so she grabbed his hand, her hand still too little to fully grasp Naoya's hand and instead just placed her tiny hand in his palm.

"You're late", Ogi exclaimed. "What have you been doing?"

Papa!

"Right now your father is on death's doors."

"Sorry! Little y/n here needed her kimono on."

Oi, don't put the blame on me!

"But it doesn't matter if I come or not. Because the next head of the Zen'in clan...is me. And little y/n-Chan will be with me when that happens!"

Y/n began,"Um...Naoya-jūkei?" "What is it y/n?"

Too ashamed to say, y/n pointed her finger towards her father, showing that she want to to go him.

"Ahhhh~ you wanna leave me alone y/n?" Y/n nodded her head no, not meaning it in that way, but her hand was still released, allowing her to go to her father. Of course, Naoya did not accept the gesture as rude, she simply wanted to see her father.

"Papa!" Little y/n ran to her father, who had his arms open for her, allowing her to collide into him. Fortunately, Ogi was indeed strong and did not fall at the collision of his daughter. "That kimono looks great on you, y/n."

Suddenly surprised, y/n hid her face in her fathers chest, hiding her blushed face, while mumbling an audible, "Thank you, papa. It's all because you know what colors look good on me."

A little jealous, Naoya stated, "My older brothers are all losers. And you, my uncle, haven't amounted to much despite being his little brother. His daughter is out of the question. As for Jinchi, well...your face is no good. Too bad you and Toji's places aren't reversed."

With a short temper Jinchi had, he struck at Naoya but had missed. The followed Ogi, who still held y/n who was clinging to him, but was able threaten Naoya with a katana to the neck.

"Please, Daddy's hovering at death's door. Why can't we all get along? Furthermore, leave y/n in my arms before you injure her, she's asleep."

Instead of following Naoya's demands, Ogi laid his daughter next to her mother, letting y/n's head rest on her folded legs while they waited outside.

Soon, y/n's mother saw Furudate and gently, not wanting to wake her daughter up, placed her to the side away from the doorway. But because y/n is a light sleeper, she had awoken, folded her legs, and waited outside the room just like her mother had taught her to.

Y/n saw Furudate walk into the room and began speaking to the men, "Master Naobito Zen'in...the head of the Zen'in clan, has just passed away. I, Furudate, am in possession of his will. According to Master Naobito's wishes, I am to read the will...when Ogi Zen'in, Jinchi Zen'in and Naoya Zen'in are all present."

Bored out her mind, "Mama. I'm hungry. What are you making for dinner today?"