The Vankirk's

No one's POV:

"So who's in your family?" she asks, interested to know more about Liam.

  "Well you've obviously got me, my mother Laura, my father John, but he died when I was 10-",

 "I'm really sorry to hear that", she says softly.

  "It's okay we had a good relationship those 10 years.  Then we have my younger sister Harlyn.  There's more of us but that's really just cousins, aunts, uncles, you know".

  Fallon smiles to herself happy to be learning more about him and getting to spend time with him.  "So do you have a good relationship with your mother?" she asks. 

 "Before my father died we did, but once he passed my mother had a mental breakdown and began taking everything out on me.  She still does and I don't blame her considering I remind her so much of my father". 

 "Just because you remind her of your father doesn't mean she has the right to be horrible to you Liam" she places her hand on top of his.  He lets her keep her hand on top of his. 

 "I know, but I think after all these years I just got used to it and don't let affect me as much anymore".  Liam slowly removes his hand from beneath Fallon's and gets up to make a drink.  "Would you like something?" he asks kindly. 

 "Just a red wine".  Liam makes her red wine and makes himself a scotch on the rocks. 

 "Here you go" he passes her the glass.  "Thank you".  "So you mentioned you have a sister".

"Ah yes, Harlyn" he looks down.

"Do you have a good relationship with her?", she asks.

"It's a complicated relationship.  When our father died Harlyn was only 5, it was confusing to her.  My mother always favoured Harlyn so it made our relationship as siblings rocky.  We never really spoke to be honest other than snarky comments, and then when I was 20 I left home.  On the odd occasion she'd send me 'hope you're doing okay' messages, but I'm sure my mother just made her do it to be nice.  When Harlyn turned 18 the messages stopped and I haven't seen her for 2 years now" Liam's face suddenly became blank.

Fallon moved closer to Liam and placed her hand on his thigh and gave him a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry about your sister Liam.  I can't imagine not speaking to Steven for a week let alone 2 years" she gently rubbed his thigh.  

"Don't worry about it.  I've learned to move past the fact that I'll never have a stable relationship with her".

"Have you maybe ever thought about getting in contact with her?" she asks.

"Yea I have, quite a few times actually, but I always stopped myself.  I think if she wanted to hear from me she would've contacted me years ago".

"Okay enough of this depressing talk, do you wanna go out?" she asks.

"Sure.  Where?" he asks excited.

"Anywhere you want".

"How about the beach?" he asks.

"Sounds perfect".

25 minutes later

Liam's POV:

It was perfect.  Walking down the sandy beach, the waves slowly moving, stars shining in the pitch black sky and the most beautiful girl stood next to me.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  

"It's such a beautiful night" Fallon says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"It certainly is" I reply.

Fallon stops walking and turns to face me. 

"Thanks for inviting me over, I really needed a distraction from my crazy ass life.  With my grandfather dying and both my divorces I seriously needed a getaway from that".

"Hey of course, I'm here for you for whatever you need.  I know we barely know each other but I care about you Fallon".

I seriously think I'm falling for her, it's insane.  Every time I look at her all I want to do is grab her waist, pull her towards me and kiss her.  But I can't, because she definitely doesn't feel the same way.  She and Culhane certainly have something going on and I don't want to impose on that.  For now I'm happy just being her friend and being there for her.

Later that night

Fallon's POV:

Once Liam and I finished our late night walk down the beach I decided it was a good time to go home.  I quietly entered the Manor and tiptoed upstairs.

"And where have you been?" I hear someone ask.

I turn around and I see Sam.

"Just out" I reply.

"C'mon Fallon, seriously where have you been it's pretty late".

"I was at Liam's apartment and we went for a beach walk" I say nonchalantly.

"What about Culhane? I mean I assumed because of everything that's going on in your life right now he'd be your number one go-to person to talk to".

"He would've been yea, however he's suggested we keep our distance for a while".

"How come?" Sam asks me confused.

"Look Sam it's late and I'm tired so I'm just gonna go to sleep".

"Whatever, night Fallon".

I head to my bedroom and sit on the edge of my bed.  I'm not sure what to feel right now, there's so many emotions currently running through my body.  I start to think about Culhane and what our relationship is, I mean are we friends? strangers? just acquaintance's? I'm really not sure.  Then there's Liam who's been nothing but kind to me and shared about his family to me.  My grandfather's funeral is tomorrow so I'll see Liam then, let's just hope nothing goes wrong once more.

A short chapter but I hope you enjoyed!  Hope everyone's having a good day/night :)