Chapter 2

Gently floating in the water, Naia stared at the event on the shore. There was so much uncertainty in her heart as she was looking at what happened. This pull that she had been feeling was much stronger than before. She practically held hands with the reason why the pull happened in the first place and why it is the way that it is now.

He looked so happy. Holding that little girl in his arms and dancing around with her.

The same little girl that she recognized to be the one she had saved a year ago. Was that his daughter? 

From what Naia understood about the way the wolves work, when they find their "mate" the pull they feel is so incredibly strong they can't stay away from their mate. And that is for sure not how strong Naia feels that it is. She would definitely want to do some research on everything and see if there was something documented about a wolf and a siren being paired together.

And for sure something she had never heard of before.

How would it work? There is no way to make some sort of pairing like that work when she just belongs in the water and he belongs on the land, turning into a wolf and running around.

All of a sudden, Caleb turned around and eye contact was made. Her heart felt like it had seized in her throat, a sensation spreading across her body. Her scales tingling with every second her heart would beat. Hating and loving the way that it felt, and still wanting to run away but also stay and watch what he does.

So much confusion and wonder.

Naia dipped herself back down into the water, fearing the way everything made her feel. How dare some man hold her hand and make her feel the way she does. Everything she has been through to get her where she is. Every memory, and every journey that she has taken has shaped her life into the way that she lives in this underwater world.

She let herself disappear into the night. Leaving Caleb to wonder about where she goes and stays, and what she gets up to. 

She swam carefully, letting every single thought envelope into her mind. The schools of fish swam around her, dodging her tail as it whipped, glittering in the night.

The swim took a very long time, but it felt so quick as she was thinking the entire time. There was hardly a way that would make sense why things have happened as they did. The seaweed was stretching up high in the ocean waters, gently waving around in the night. 

She could see her cave just looming downward and started swimming towards it. Excited to just be back in her space finally. Knowing that she was not going to sleep a wink that night, she had made some internal plans to immediately start thinking about what the meaning of everything was. As well as do some research on it.

"I have my doubts about this." She whispered as she swam through the entrance.

But the entire time she was plagued by the feeling of the elastic bond that held the two of them together. The feelings of the sparks rippling through her body when he touched her skin, the electricity. How did any of that make sense? How did any of it make sense at all?

And even now, the aching feeling inside of her body at the fact that she wasn't next to him. Even just being close to him to bring a sense of calm inside of her. 

And how she trusted him enough to stay close to him. To speak words to him. To give him her name, something that could be used as a weapon against her if anything went wrong. How he could have been lying to her about everything but even still, there was that feeling inside of her that told her that everything would be okay. And that's why she stayed despite that amount of panic that was inside her body before hearing him speak.